What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Was this on a trainer… tell me it was outside

2 Likes

Looks like it, did you see the km and ‘caught in a tractor rally… twice’ note?

1 Like

Some of the pain caves I’ve seen recently could host a tractor rally😆

5 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one…

16 Likes

Easy sweet spot shorties thanks to Monitor

8 Likes

Snow packs a bit thin, and the ski areas have 24-36 inch base but there is 60-72 inches of rock on the stuff I like to ski. Brought snow shoes.

@jacemano

Thankfully outside :joy:

I saw that and immediately thought “Australia” :slight_smile: Suddenly my 2.5 hours in the rain at 1-2C don’t seem so bad anymore :smile:

3 Likes

Weather was forecast to be crap today, so I originally planned to do something like Polar Bear +1 again like last Sunday. Well, afternoon rolled around, and though it was a bit wet out, the weather forecast (obviously created by palm readers and fortune tellers) said there should only be a 20-30% chance of rain for the next 2.5 hours, or a 70-80% chance of no rain! I haven’t ridden outside since Nov 29th, so I said screw it, put on my cold weather gear, and went out on a 97km flattish loop I like to do, with the intention of going at 300 for two hours at least. I did take the time to move things around on my seatpost so I could throw on the fender from my MTB. Well, the first hour wasn’t bad, but then it started to rain. And it was 1-2C the entire time. I got close to 300W for 2 hours, then did the rest at an easier pace. Got home wet, cold, dirty, and in the dark, but it was still better than the rollers (is what I keep telling myself). The fender looks like :poop: and breaks several Velominati rules I’m sure, but it kept my butt dry, beats having a soggy bottom. Warmed up with a long, hot shower, then a rum and coke by the fire and some board games with my girls. I want to be able to ride the entire loop at 300W sometime, I’ve done it at 280, but with rain and cold, I lost motivation today.

16 Likes

Some reverbing sound was bugging me all day and when it bounced back for a third time I decided to answer :roll_eyes:

Screenshot_20201220-221320_Chrome

I don’t think they heard me and it just got louder and louder until I turned ERG off then it was just erratic noises :thinking:

Edit I did manage 27 post op & All time bests from about 1h19m-1h30m

13 Likes

I thrive in the heat. It’s the sun that worries me these days.
Skin cancer ain’t no joke!
I’ll see your “rum and coke by the fire” and raise you “beers and BBQ by the pool”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back in the olden days, when phones were real phones.

Really happy with this one. After a substantial ramp in volume last week my legs are feeling great.
The week off definitely made me hungry again. I’d have added more on the end, but I have to do that work thing that pays the bills.

207 to go.

13 Likes

3x35 at 90% today to wrap up my sweet spot block. I’m ready for a VO2 block when I get back after the holidays. I did back pedal for 15 seconds or so in the final interval

13 Likes

Next Ramp Test in six days…

19 Likes

Felt good today so I modified the scheduled Hunter -2 training session.

-Eliminated the 30s rests every 5 minutes.
-After the first interval I cut the rest period (down to 8m instead of 12)
-Eliminated the 2nd rest period (0m instead of 12)

Ended up with a 1x25 91%, 8R, 1x55 90% training session.

10 Likes

no doubt you’re gonna crush it!

1 Like

after missing half the summer and most of autumn on the bike I finally got back on the trainer three weeks ago. Ramptested at -13% of my last test in july. Started SSBLV and added some endurance workouts like Whorl, Bald Knob and the odd Lazy Mountain to up the volume. Four workouts in I accidently did Monitor with an old device that hadn’t synced my ftp for quite some time (no internet in the basement). Did that at 107% and managed. After syncing the workout I realised my mistake and bumped subsequent workouts to 105%. Finally did Tunemah last week at 103% and settled with that as my new ftp. Then yesterday did Eclipse at new self-bumped ftp. Feels good to be back.

12 Likes

There were hundreds of the things :joy:

After doing 2x60 yesterday also at 90+% and setting new 1h30-2h power records I’m really pleased with myself that I actually managed to finish this workout. My legs are really beginning to survive constant fatigue

15 Likes

RAMP Test +3W ( +6W after SSB 1 AND 2 ) Slow but steady progress and Taku immediately after !

11 Likes

Yesterday - 90 mins of SS-type-work

Today - 90 mins of z2

12 Likes