What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

That was actually quite a bit of work - never in doubt, but not particularly pleasant after a good threshold session yesterday.

17 Likes

Did Leconte today to finish the 14 weeks of Sweet Spot I & II plus 2 weeks of Build between the phases that plan builder gave me. It was hard. But I’m very happy with the trophies for “All Time” bests on the last 3 “hard” workouts. Gives me a lot of confidence.

I started in September this year for the Tour of Flanders Sportive in April and am far ahead of where I normally am. Hoping to keep that momentum.

13 Likes

I assume you will have a ramp test prior to starting SSB2 to help validate FTP

3 Likes

Did my favorite group ride on Zwift this morning. Was hoping to get in 90 minutes before the baby woke, and she slept, so I got a solid 2 hours in! Felt surprisingly easier than anticipated.

13 Likes

You assume incorrectly lol And, like Forrest Gump,that’s all I have to say about that lol

1 Like

Disaster done as part of the Finnish Independence Day.

Now some good food, and maybe a beer as a “recovery drink”. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Another weekend with a kitchen sink style workout, this one was “Athlete’s choice” and I got to pick what to do. Part of the plan was to feed WKO’s power duration curve, and it wanted a 1-sec max effort, 2-min effort, and a 32-min effort. Instead of a 32-min effort I decided to do a 20-min field test, however legs were a bit sore and I wasn’t feeling fresh. So I called an audible, cut it short at 7+ minutes, and was able to calibrate my FTP for next 20-min field test. Really happy with the 2-min effort.

14 Likes

That looks like a fun ride! Might do something like that outside when winter’s over

2 Likes

Boarstone today.

13 Likes

I did Hunter outdoors. My PM crapped out with 2 min remaining in Interval 1, and now I’m not even sure it actually happened…

10 Likes

Gendarme +2. Made this the first workout of SSB2MV since i took ramp test Friday. Ended up averaging 140% for the intervals, but maybe should have aimed higher? Not sure if my Hr was sufficiently elevated for the majority of these intervals but there’s plenty of VO2 work ahead so not going to stress over it.

Petit for some endurance immediately after and it super easy after the 140% efforts.

15 Likes

Tallac + 2
Extending SS duration slowly

13 Likes

15 Likes

I think you might need to retest your FTP :muscle: :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Huge bump in FTP coming! Great work

4 Likes

The Count. You could probably drop the O from the title.
My attempts at single parenting and training were a failure over the weekend. So I decided to blow off work for a few hours today and get the job done.
95% for the first one, then 97% for the rest. It worked well given the universe has decided I no longer get to sleep through the night. The smoke alarm in the basement went off for no apparent reason at 2am. No joke.

Sunday’s attempt after 4-5 hrs sleep, while watching the Rescue Riders Christmas special to appease the little man. Not exactly motivating viewing while grinding away.
Can I have last years FTP back already!
46 weeks of fun starts next week. I’ve decided to write off 2020 and pull the trigger on Plan Builder LV for my target event in Oct. (Outdoor riding for added volume).

17 Likes

Beeing quite satisfied of my ability to comply to plan or modify the workouts according to conditions during the first block of susPBLV it was a real downer having to postpone Galena+1 due to a surprise visit from my mother (living 700 km away). Sunday I laid som new flooring in the basement and when the time for training arrived my legs did not feel good. Knowing that last workout was thursday I did need to do something, but I realized that Galena had to be postponed yet again and did Collins instead. The plan was to do Galena Monday, but now it is Monday morning and my legs felt as i did two Galenas on top of eachother. Even though I had to drop mother Galena I feel as the block was completed in a ok- manner. Ill just start my recovery week as planned now, so at least this week will have the possibility of full compliance.

12 Likes

AAAAAH, recovery week.
Plenty of time today, so swapped Petit for Townsend.
Nothing to report really, all is well under the sun.

8 Likes

Ouch here is mine done !!!

17 Likes

Should have been the Ramp Test, however …

I do the LSCT Warmup as my first workout of each week, partly to have another metric to track but in the case of the Ramp Test it’s to actually warmup. The problem was that during the third interval at threshold my legs were toast - the weekend’s efforts have left their mark.

I’m pretty confident that my FTP is in the right ballpark, the recent workouts have been tough but doable, so I’ll monitor things over the next week or so and adjust as necessary. A bit odd as mentally I was prepared for it, usually I’m a bit nervous.

7 Likes