What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Started Traditional Base MVII today as I finished Trad MVI last week. Raised my ftp to 300 from 280 and it is starting to get real now.

10 Likes

Yes I must listen to myself and others, thank you…I did pack in a couple of years back but just thought I could gentle easy myself back in, especially with all this free time and good weather and seeing so many runners in these quiet times. Also my sons have taken up running and have been slowly creeping up to my PRs… will let them go! Save the competitive side for cycling.

Reference posting in pictures in to the message threads, I’m using Chrome on Windows 10 and it’s just a case of grabbing an image, which I do with the screen clipping tool from Microsoft Onenote and then pasting it into the message box. I’m sure there was a thread on here somewhere that others have mention how they do it on their particular systems.

1 Like

Windows 10 → WinKey + Shift + S
Android → Power and Vol Up key at same time.

2 Likes

great work! those long continuous workouts will pay off big time!

1 Like

FTP test day today
Cant complain :slight_smile:

Used resistance mode, it was difficult to keep the power smooth, I did not look for it but maybe there is power smoothing setting somewhere in the app?

Here is the video is anyone is interested: Trainerroad FTP test - YouTube

12 Likes

recovery week with a ramp test on saturday. Legs felt very stiff at the start but felt way better as the workout progressed.

11 Likes

Was feeling pretty knackered, so decided to do a shorter version of Leconte, plus a bit of an endurance at the end.

Now thinking back, I should’ve done the full monty as I still felt okay’ish towards the end.

11 Likes

Carter. And the ride profile looks like someone threw spaghetti at my laptop screen. I’m like the kid who can’t color inside the lines. I’m a bit of a noob, working hard to get past that, and now I’m learning how to ride on a smart trainer. But I keep screwing up erg mode. One little cadence drop to reach for a bottle, or switch to a new song or take a shot of tequila and BOOM it all goes to hell.

11 Likes

slowly died by high torque

6 Likes

Fun facts: I did a 1 min & 4 min peak power test.

Just a few notes: I’m focusing on XCO this year (if it ever happens) and I ALWAYS use Erg mode.

• 1 min power peak test was about 50% more than had previously been recorded, again, Erg mode in training is responsible for this
  • 4 min power was only 10 watts more (~5%) than my previous 4min max recorded during my previous ramp test.

From this very n=1 it shows that the ramp test is a valid predictor of 4min max power.

4 Likes

Beast mode!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was thinking! :exploding_head:

Ramp Test this morning. Was feeling really nonplussed about this and if I’m honest, I don’t think my heart was really in it. Still, I managed to see an increase but more of a concern was just how early my legs gave out. My HR was nowhere near maxed. Might be a symptom of too much added volume over the past three weeks. Something to keep a close eye on.

11 Likes

Taylor -2:

This one is such a confidence boost after you’ve done it a couple times. You just sail. Possibly helps to not do the ramp test you were supposed to on Sunday and instead postpone it to Thursday, so you’re fresh off a recovery week with no change in your training zones yet. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Suprathreshold today. Quite challenging, I just about managed.

12 Likes

Not as painful as I thought it would be.

9 Likes

Enjoyed that. Fair bit of hard work, but never felt like I was just dying on the trainer. Recommended! :snake:

13 Likes

Baird today 3x5x1min@360W to shake me out of zone 2. Felt pretty comfortable, but then I don’t want to kill myself with tough vo2 work with no racing on the horizon - just want a change of pace. I have a cunning plan - I’m going to do it every Tuesday but up the intensity 1% or 3W in this case - in 5 weeks it will become Bashful, in 10 it will become Bird. Hopefully it will keep a bit of zip in the legs without burning any mental matches. Talking of mental health weather in the UK is glorious later in the week and at the weekend…more zone 2 sunbathing in order I feel but I would rather be racing - another weekend of great tt weather without any er…time trials - typical :grimacing:

9 Likes

Just a couple of weeks in…did Geiger today. This was the longest intervals I’ve done so far. 12 minutes goes by … slowly lol. I did compliment by watching extended cut videos by BKXC …

13 Likes

Anyone know why my heart rate might have went progressively lower through the later efforts? This is a reverse of behaviour when I first started training in September.

10 Likes