What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Antelope.

So that wasn’t too bad considering the +10W bump - I felt my legs a bit during the warmup, but once I was into the work, it was ok. Not easy, but ok.

14 Likes

Easy ride outside today. FTP test tomorrow so already stressing about it. I will be live streaming it if anyone is interested in watching :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Mokelumne +1

Really enjoyed this workout today.

13 Likes

About 2:20 with one quick stop for 40 miles outside on a bluebird day here in NJ.

Been doing 40 milers on Sundays which is about 2:15 - 2:25 saddle time. Am ready to kick it up a notch to 3 hours.

Hope y’all have a good upcoming week.

IMG_5486

10 Likes

Yeah if your “FTP” is on the workouts are hard and you need to will yourself through them, but they are doable!

1 Like

Nice Sunday stroll.

For those following the duck saga, yesterday I woke up to this:

Not sure what happened, but we do live near a creek and have raccoons and skunks and possums coming thru the yard in the middle of the night…

11 Likes

Monadnock +4.

After 4 weeks of SPBMV my FTP is up 21 watts. The first workout of week 6 requires 6x3 minutes at 122%. I could barely hang at about 115% with 5 second backpedaling in the middle. #fml

12 Likes

Recovery week started, yaaaay!

Unlike last time, I’m really looking forward to this week of nice, easy rides, and then hammering it again next week with build.
Bring it on.

10 Likes

Andrews:

Colossally frustrating weekend. Stellar weather in western Norway so tried to do a nice long ride on Saturday, had to turn around early because my knee had apparently not recovered from the idiotic run up a hill I did on Wednesday. Spent Sunday inside limping around the house, skipped the ramp test.

Andrews was a sprint-less replacement for the Cheaha I skipped on Saturday. Felt good. Somehow the knee felt better after I got off the bike than before I got on. I’m going to start SSB2MV as planned tomorrow, and maybe ramp on Thursday.

11 Likes

So happy! I got e new FTP assessment. Honestly, after a quite lousy “mid-volume” Build phase, I didn’t expect more than the old FTP attestation.

13 Likes

Pioneer yesterday, followed by brick run. Felt great, maybe a little too handy, might be due a retest. Run was great as well, much looser and more comfortable. Actually felt like I was running smoothly instead of fighting it for a change.

9 Likes

3x20@97%. During the first interval the TR has frozen so I needed to restart an app. The last interval I went on feel to check where I am during this threshold block - went 10W over current FTP without any issues so now I know better where to aim during next week FTP test.

15 Likes

Top tip: 2 slices of toast at 8am is not fuelling your midday VO2 Interval workout.

:roll_eyes:

Spiral of death got me on interval 3, died again on interval 5, somehow did okay on interval 6.

“You only have yourself to blame” :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Had Eclipse on the schedule for yesterday.

Did a 15 mile easy run Saturday (+ Mt. Albert that night) and a 13 mile “easy” run Sunday afternoon right before Eclipse and I remembered what wrecked legs feel like… Cadence fell down to 85 range and it was a slog…but survived :+1:

12 Likes

Recovery week of my recovery plan - I’ve added running into the mix, doing slow easy Z2 runs, increasing duration slowly. I’ll maintain 3x runs + 3x easy trainer spins for a few weeks, let’s see where we go after that.

Loved those form sprints - there isn’t a lot of this very high cadence work in TR that the Tacx workouts sprinkled everywhere.

14 Likes

Ramp Test

After two weeks taking it easy and light spinning with my knee injuries, around a hundred TSS per week I dropped my FTP by 5% for this Ramp test. Was only a few watts out, so back to base and a restart of the plan. It’s just nice to be able to start some structure again and sit here typing this with after doing 55 minutes on the trainer with no knee pain :slight_smile:
Note to self: No matter how much you enjoy and miss running don’t do it again, those days of football, squash and running are over…you knees aren’t going to get any better :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

14 Likes

Run this morning (rTSS = 43)
Then 1min interval horrible thing tonight :rofl:

15 Likes

Striped +1 with an extended cooldown for me tonight. Last set with +5% intensity. Tough but ok.

14 Likes

End of build ftp test. I want to be happy but over unders… :flushed:

19 Likes

I hear ya! Your Note to self is spot on! I can relate. It is good advice to follow. NO, your knees will not get better. I had ACL replacement 5+ years ago. Passion was running doc said I could run again no problem but eventually I would need a knee replacement. :no_good_man:
No way!! I changed the my sport to cycling have never looked back two of my good friends and running buddies did not today they have both had knee replacement surgeries and it hasnt turned out well.
So heed your advice @FatherDamo2 and follow coach Chads intructions and reinvent your althletic prowess as a cyclist :grin: :grin: :grin:
On a seperate note how do you paste that foto of your ramp test into the message thread? Its so kool but I need the skills :weary:

1 Like