What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

A bit of Electra today. Rest week, more like busy at real job week, then back at it for another block stressing strength and gym work.

10 Likes

Glassy today whist watching The Game Changers on Netflix. First session after the ramp test, felt comfortable.

It’s also the first session I’ve done on the Tacx Flux as opposed my rollers and I was surprised how freeing it was to simply pedal away and not worry about popping of the side of the rollers

4 Likes

Pettit today. Best form sprints I’ve ever done. Really proud of how far my smoothness has come. Bondcliff tomorrow and then rest day before the last Wednesday group ride of the season.

8 Likes

Windy and gloomy outdoors, I’ll just stay inside and do Andrews+1. tyvm

10 Likes

Baxter for me today :star_struck:

7 Likes

Coming home late and a dose of cant be bothered on the sofa meant my antelope was trimmed down by 30 mins but I only miss one 10 min interval off the prescribed workout. Mark this one down as a success

8 Likes

Goddard. Oh, how I hate ILT. Plus my wife was really wondering what all that racket of clipping in/out/in/out was all about. And also what was all that heavy breathing in the Ericsson-like 2x6mins spin-ups in the end. Glad it’s over. But I’m not against those 115-120 rpm right-on-the-edge efforts.

Did I mention I hate ILT?

8 Likes

Warlow today. Over-unders have for some reason never been particularly awful for me, but the very last interval set was hard. I should probably start some sort of fueling routine, for all of my training thus far I haven’t taken on any nutrition besides water.

Also for future reference, Kung Fu Panda (yes the Disney film) is the perfect length for this workout. The final fight scene takes place during the last interval! :grinning:

12 Likes

Drove down to the Houston area over the weekend to attend Terra-X, a very hilly cyclocross race. Saturday was some fun in the 3/4 race and Sunday, the 50+ Open. Jumped on the trainer once I made the 3 hour drive home on Sunday and did Carter to cap the week off.

6 Likes

I was supposed to do Cloud dripper but my Tacx neo 2 was having issues with connecting to TR so I had to do a workout on Zwift instead: 2x30’ at just under threshold/sweet spot.

8miles easy jog in the afternoon then a form based swim to cool off

4 Likes

Antelope+2

Good workout, but wondering how much it’s taken out of me for tomorrows Monitor +1 workout…last interval done on Volcano climb, must resist little efforts at top of volcano climb, might need that energy tomorrow!

7 Likes

Strength workout at the gym this morning and I’ll do this “7-way hips” short routine tonight

https://youtu.be/iLTBIaHU5iw

2 Likes

Carson tonight. Had to skip the hardest ones of last week because of the cough… Let’s hope I’m finally over that now…

1 Like

Carillon +1 tonight, weekend away with the family coming up so going to obliterate myself before then :rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that many of the TR plans throw a VO2Max workout at you for Mondays, and this is quickly turning me into Garfield

s-l300

Dade +1, and 5 minutes spinning added to warm down

7 Likes

For the first time… pretty much ever… “My power meter is broken” was actually a valid excuse! I reviewed my power files from last weeks workouts in WKO over the weekend, and noticed that I was missing R/L power data in all of my workouts. Every single one of my workouts was soul-crushing last week, and even a relatively easy spin through Zwift felt more like tempo or sweet spot should. I didn’t get through the first set of Tunemah, and blamed it on an early morning and bad sleep. Then Carson kicked my ass after 4 of the 6 intervals were complete, and I just spun it out at about 55%… I took the rest of the weekend off, thinking maybe I was just fatigued or struggling to get back in the swing…

NOPE! My power meter was broken! I had changed batteries on the Vector 3s and forgot to re-link my right pedal. I saw when I did ILT today during Tunnabora, that power was zero on my right foot and more than double target power on the left. I stopped the workout, linked the right pedal, re-calibrated, and POOF, sweet spot felt like sweet spot again! Actually, it felt really, really easy… I spent most of the intervals in the drops and had no issue getting cadence wherever I wanted it. Raised the final interval to 103% and smoked it.

It’s good to be “back.”

13 Likes

Ramp test on the cards today! After 2 weeks at endurance intensity, my main event which included 22h endurance over 4 days, and 2 weeks off recovering from a stack, I’m pretty happy that I’m only down 5w to 215 at 65kg. Legs felt good but HR got up to and above max!

Really want to hit 4w/k around March…

4 Likes

Continuing to dabble with some VO2max work. I felt like I’d been bitten by a rattlesnake after this session.

Despite my best efforts, I’ve been having trouble elevating the HR up to Vo2 territory with 2 and 3 min intervals, also with these hard-start blocks. Next time I’ll try some longer Vo2 intervals and see how we go.

11 Likes

Ohh, now that looks like my kinda fun :+1:

2 Likes

Carillion this morning. I loves a drill, especially standing drills. Really enjoyed this :grin:

9 Likes