What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Hunter was on the TR calendar but didn’t fancy the 15 minute rest intervals between sweetspot efforts. On hindsight maybe they wouldn’t have been such a bad idea. Anyway, made myself a shorter version on Zwift, just ensured there were three blocks of sweetspot. Back pedalled on last interval a couple of times to complete. Fuelling was all wrong, breakfast at 12:00 and workout 30 minutes later…far from ideal for me.

Overall a good first week on the plan, 26TSS over for week, going to enjoy rest day tomorrow and see what next week brings!

7 Likes

Palisade has been today’s sponsor of this fancy lunch. Still confused why my heart rate is so much lower in comparison to other people’s in this thread.

13 Likes

Warlow for me today - 5 x 12mins over / unders, week 4 of base builder finished/

6 Likes

Baxter +1 for me today. My trainer started acting all crazy with my power numbers. No change in what I was doing or cadence but my power started jumping and dipping all over the place for about 20 mins. I just rode on then it snapped out of it and worked perfectly the rest of the way. It’s a kickr snap that I bought new about 6 months ago.

Anyone had a similar experience?

6 Likes

McAdie:

There was a lot of swearing. I tried to do the out-of-saddle drills in the final interval, and it really felt better than I expected, until I sat down to like 75rpm at 105% FTP and almost cracked. Finished, but seated.

11 Likes

Heart rate is super super individual. My husband and I are about the same age and similar sizes; his resting and max HR are both like 20bpm lower than mine. It’s a really interesting metric if you track your own, and watch how it changes as you get fitter or when you get sick (or over the course your hormonal cycle if you have one), but comparing yours to anyone else’s won’t tell you much, if anything.

2 Likes

Whats your RPE like? The 2 minute overs should be pretty uncomfortable and the 1 minute breaks just barely enough.

Rainy, cold day means the normal Saturday group ride is cancelled, so replaced with Chocorua…lots of fun! I was not fueling well, 2 granola bars, 2 packs of peanut butter crackers, and a few pieces of gummy candy added up to about 625 calories. Next time I jump in to something this long I’m going to add drink mix for some liquid calories; no reason to suffer unnecessarily! Other than that, all good

6 Likes

Continuing my progression to 2x30 min Sweet Spot workouts. This one (Tallac +2) was way harder than I expected. Final two minutes of interval three were tough, and the last five minutes of interval four felt like a VO2 interval–legs burning, breathing heavy, etc. Can only imagine how Galena is going to feel next weekend. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Was a good hour about to become two hours on the trails when this little oops happened:

!

30%20PM

C’est la vie. No rim or hub damage so everything taken apart, cleaned, spokes tape and sealant ordered. Will be back up and running soon enough. Good excuse to service the free hub :rofl:

BTW – Does this count as triathlon training using the TR podcast metrics? 60 min ride + 20 min hike? Asking for a friend…

9 Likes

Did TrainerRoad Antelope, which is 5x10-minute Sweet Spot intervals ranging between 88-94% FTP with 5-minute recoveries between intervals. All while riding around London on Zwift :slight_smile: Did well but had to stop for two pee breaks! Oh dear…

11 Likes

some loops in Zwift land because it’s raining in Memphis https://www.strava.com/activities/2819083821

2 Likes

Kind of a Kitchen Sink Disaster Day +1 workout - this week has been hit and miss. With 20 weeks to go until my TT its still a way off. I did good numbers and TSS this week still.
7hrs 30
412 TSS

3 Likes

Another day, another ride. Sitting on the saddle felt very uncomfortable after around 70 minutes. Might get myself a bikefit in the near future (my first) to help improve my cycling.

However, first I need to buy clipless XC shoes. Sounds easy but no local or online shop has them in stock unless you have some uncommon sizes. Need to wait for new models to use with my Shimano Deore XT clipless pedals I bought a month ago, crazy!

7 Likes

Leconte. End of SSB LV II, or at least the hard stuff. Feeling tough the past few weeks, but imbibed a few too many hazy IPAs last night so I’m feeling less tough right now…

10 Likes

Threshold some endurance and some late 1 minute intervals…

7 Likes

Domestic duties this weekend meant that I had to miss my group ride. A stupid-o’clock start was the only way to get a decent ride in :confounded:

11 Likes

Antelope:

I feel like I can sit at like 88/90% forever, and then 93% hits and it’s like :flushed:. (The cadence drop and corresponding heart rate spike in the final interval is when I thought I had a bug in my shoe and twitched violently enough that I unclipped.)

So that’s week 3 of SSBMVI in the bag! I’m mangling the rest of it a bit to try to line up a recovery week with (American) Thanksgiving, so instead of doing 7 weeks of load and 1 of recovery, I’m taking next week as recovery, then repeating week 5. It’ll be 3/1 + 3/1 instead of 5/1, or 1 → 2 → 3 → 6 → 4 → 5 → 5Thanksgiving. I figure I started the plan recovering from a cold and it’s winter, might as well err on the side of not killing myself? :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

I feel lame.
Couldn’t finish freaking baxter. Feet started cramping more and more and got really uncomfortable on the trainer.
I guess i have to get used again to be on the trainer for more than an hour at a time.

7 Likes

Antelope for me today too.

Felt really good, much better than the over-under hell that i did yesterday!

11 Likes