What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Broken Finger in the morning then an easy 7mile jog on pooped legs this afternoon

4 Likes

Easy day with a 1.6mile run at lunch, and Mokelumne this evening

3 Likes

Finally got close enough for a picture of the Sandhil Crane return. Spotted the first ones a couple weeks ago.

Out here in flatland it was 90F and wind was 20mph NNW and gusting to 32mph. Started with a 40 minute warmup because I forgot my co2 valve, duh! Then a 70 minute tempo interval mostly southbound on the first half, and northbound on the second half. You can see the stop for picture about halfway:

tailwind, crosswind, and then a wicked headwind made pacing difficult. After that interval I jumped on the Wed night group ride, legs were cooked by then and had trouble staying on top of hydration. Turned out to be a fair swap for Martin Hill, about +3 minutes on moving time and +11 TSS. Didn’t overcook it :+1:

7 Likes

Coming in fatigued and did Ericsson outdoors yesterday. Last interval felt like I had 10 PSI in the rear… I’m still working on pacing those outdoor workouts and hitting the right wattage. Quite the learning process. Hope they will soon be recognized by Strava and TR as ‘real workouts’ and not just outdoor rides :crossed_fingers:

edit: not Carson, Ericsson!

5 Likes

Geiger + Endurance this morning.

After a short period of experimentation, I’ve settled on a cadence that seems to enable me to work through these Sweetspot intervals. #smallwin :+1:

10 Likes

Its good to see I’m not the only person with a relatively low cadence :smiley:

2 Likes

Those birds are LOUD! They’re also tall and can be aggressive. Always loved seeing them and the Great Blue Herons when I was living in Florida. I seem to recall the Florida Sandhill Crane was non-migratory. Although, in other parts of NA, there were migratory flocks. Where do yours migrate to/from? They are also a protected species in Florida. Believe it or not, a main predator is the Florida alligator.

2 Likes

Easy does it today

Screenshot_20191024-161342_Chrome

5 Likes

Yeah, I muscle through Sweetspot. There’s nothing pretty about my riding style :rofl:

3 Likes

Monitor +1:

I feel like this would have been pretty chill without the cadence drills. And also if Chad had remembered to throw in some rest intervals. He’s getting forgetful in his advanced years.

We’re heart rate twinsies!

7 Likes

You guys aren’t alone! Most of my riding time over the past 15 years has been on single speed mountain bikes -I’m definitely a masher! On gears now but I think I’m standing 60% of the time. Sitting through these couple TR workouts is killing my rear end :face_with_head_bandage:

In any case, did Reinstein last night. It burned but wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated.

7 Likes

Same

They migrate from Siberia, Alaska, and Canada to California’s Central Valley for the winter. Huge birds that are beautiful to watch in flight! They can’t roost in trees due to claw structure, and stay in shallow pools of water for protection from coyotes - a perfect reason why alligators find them a tasty meal. During the Gold Rush the birds were nicknamed “the rib-eye of the sky” and sold alongside turkeys to miners.

3 Likes

Antelope day

Perfect workout for intervals on Alpe du Zwift, doesn’t halfmake the time fly by.

Whilst on there I was impressed by one other was just completing his vEverest. Nearly 14 hours in the saddle and was grinding 40rpm! before the last corner , kudos to him, made my effort feel very small :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Geiger -4

Followed by a short Brick Run (rTSS = 32)

9 Likes

Second of 4 Fletcher’s out of the way :wink: 2 more episodes of good omens down, will finish it up during saturday’s Fletcher, and will start watching the boys on Sunday’s edition. Traditional Base is already mind melting!!!

6 Likes

Geiger today. Nothing to add really.

7 Likes

6 mile tempo run in the morning then an easy 1hr 50 ride this afternoon post nap. Long ride coming up tomorrow

6 Likes

New to TR and structured cycle training, however have been lifting weights for ten years, I’m 51 next month.
Have started SSBLV1 and I’m enjoying it. Did Carson +1 today. image

14 Likes

Inside the first 3 months with my daughter I had the same problems. I quickly learned the morning workouts weren’t for me so I just backed off with a plan to go again from scratch when things settled a little.

1 Like