What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Bashful today. For me the vo2 workouts are so much easier then threshold work.

10 Likes

First session cut short 1x 7 minutes 105%ā€¦

Second Session 3x 20 minutes Criss-crossā€¦

6 Likes

Opposite is true for me. I was about to offer to swap your threshold workouts for my VO2s, then I realised your threshold is my 110% :crazy_face:ā€¦dealā€™s off!

2 Likes

Geiger day with extended cooldown

No intensity adjustment yet though I can see myself doing some tweaking (downwards) with longer workouts of this nature. Rest day tomorrow before Thursdays 90 min Antelope session.

9 Likes

Tunnabora for me today. The 7 minute intervals I would describe as ā€œuncomfortable but tolerableā€ meaning I feel like I could stretch those out for a decent amount of time. Finally getting used to the feeling of discomfort during intervals again.

6 Likes

Just finished SSB MV1 with Galena. Itā€™s my first go at structured training and if you would have told me I could ride for 20 mins at Sweet Spot 6 weeks ago, I wouldnā€™t have believed you. Looking forward to this recovery week more than anything and then hopefully a big ramp test.

9 Likes

Clyde as warmup, followed by (failed) ramp test. My motivation is not too great these days, too much work travel interruptions, itā€™s the fall blues I guessā€¦ Iā€™m going to switch things around a bit.

2 Likes

Haha! After learning how to breathe out underwater, swimming is more palatable

Ericsson last night in 84 degree garage, Carter this morning in a much cooler garage. Itā€™s tough knowing what I was turning over just a month ago, and how quickly that fell off with time off the bike, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s coming back. I think. Maybe.

Tunemah tomorrow. Hopefully it doesnā€™t smack me around as bad as Reinstein did last week.

7 Likes

I put coloseum on the calendar today for a supplement. Mostly because it was low intensity and the graph was pretty lol.

4 Likes

After yesterdayā€™s ramp test, I wanted a good challengeā€¦suprathreshold intervals sound just right! Washington +6 here we go. Tough but doable, the last minute of each interval was just enough burn to have me watching the clock. Perfect

9 Likes

did 60 mins of continuous sweetspot, itā€™s warming up in Sydney and overheated a bit during this workout! needed a couple of backpedals to crank the fan up

8 Likes

Another dose of VO2 = enough for one week. Will be happy to jump back on some SS tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Jepson. Pedaling after sprint efforts really hurt, but so rewarding when you finish the sets.

7 Likes

Very Easy 2 hours 2 minutes, sometimes the base aerobic work has to be done. Strength session later.

2 Likes

Not a good morning this morning. Baby woke up at 3:30, got her back down at 4. Alarm went off at 5:45 and I had to will myself up to get on the bike. This was just my second morning workout so far this cycle as Iā€™m on a rather long work break. But, needed to do it in the morning to get it done at all.

Had no will to suffer this morning, just didnā€™t want to be there working hard. So did this:

And shut it down at 30min, then loaded Carsonā€¦ nopeā€¦ didnā€™t wannaā€¦ loaded Volunteer and slogged through 30 more easy minutes.

Need to get my head right.

7 Likes

Same for me last night. Made it 30 minutes into Moosilaukee before smokey air from a fire started a downward spiral in the brain. Shut it down and loaded ā€œ25 min at 65%ā€ which is a modified Taku.

1 Like

Well hello there!

Itā€™s been a minute since iā€™ve gotten on the trainerā€¦since april i think!?
Still havent put the trainer tire back on but starting SSBv1 LV and did my first FTP test in what feels like AGES.

Considering that i havenā€™t been ā€œtrainingā€ per se all summer (just racking in base miles and doing a few weekend rides here and there) iā€™m quite happy i didnā€™t lose too many wattsā€¦i know i left some watts on the table as i wasnā€™t wheezing like a mad man for 15 minutes after it and I didnā€™t get as close to my max HR as i usually do, as iā€™m just not used to working that hard anymore. I did lose some weight though and am working on my diet to lose even more so the w/kg will be increasing!

Planning on doing SSBv1 along with some calisthenics, jump rope and kettlebell work, then followup with SSBv2 and in Jan start triathlon plans again.

Should provide me with some decent improvements until spring!

7 Likes

Now that was hard

13 Likes

Monitor +1 this morning. Tough, but got through it.

9 Likes