What PR did you hit today?

I guess this counts as a PR, my lazy workmates just think I need medical attention!

I’ve been averaging 42 for about 3 years, feeling really good lately, been off caffeine for few weeks now (previously 1-2 x 100g jars a week😬)

7 Likes

Excellent work :+1:t2:

I’d be interested to know if you’ve noticed any changes on blood pressure since cutting out the caffeine?

I joined a few fast group ride last couple weeks, and have set a handful of PRs, with most notable ones below.

Perhaps just as importantly, having never raced road before, I felt I had enough knowledge (and power of course) in the sprint sections (including a last-crit lap style section) to consistently place in top 5 among some fairly strong riders. Position and patience made all the difference each time.

6 Likes

Unfortunately not. I suffer from hypertension anyway and take medication. Currently around 140/90

1 Like

Sorry to hear that - mine peaks at 140/90 but normally sits around 128/85 so not quite in the ‘needing medication’ band thankfully.

1 Like

I suffer from the opposite!! My BP is too low, we should average ours out. As of 3 weeks ago I was at 92/63

1 Like

Went hard on a really short hill tonight and landed 54 all time power PRs from about 30s-1:20. My main focus has been weight loss the last few months so it was a bit of a surprise. I did come into it very fresh after a couple days off the bike which definitely helped. Knocked 6 seconds off my segment time from 59s to 53s.

9 Likes

TR reckons I’ve did 2020 PRs from 52 mins to 1h 4mins (Yes my TT was that slow).

Strava is including a few RGT interval sessions so its saying from 58mins :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

One week ago…

Today:
New all-time 1s to 1:20m power PRs.
20-60s range up ~5% in the last week since I started anaerobic training. I’m sloooowly getting used to surviving in that violent power zone. :hot_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

Yesterday

Crossisback in my area (late season short race), pretty sure thats a PR heartrate for 30 mins (close enough to)

4 Likes

Increased FTP on ramp test: up 13W (6.5%) from 199W on June 30 to 212W today. Lasted 20:47 and max power was 142% of prior FTP. Nearly lost my lunch and cramped up my left calf, but it was worth it!

9 Likes

1 second power for 2020 at 914w. Not bad considering I’ve been pottering on the gravel bike for 3 months.

4 Likes

:eyes: :muscle:t4: :facepunch:t4: = :exploding_head:!!!

2 Likes

Newbie gains, I think. I’ve only been training for a year, and I’ve made a lot of mistakes so I improved very slowly for the first 6-9 months of training. Plus, at 228 lbs, I’ve just barely broken 2 W/kg (2.05 to be precise). Still, the past three months have been fantastic:

May 18: 185W
June 30: 199W
Sept 07: 212W

My 2020 goal was to reach a 225W FTP, and it looks like I might actually get there. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

In a 3hr fathers day mtb ride I hit PRs in 15s, 90s-3min, and most satisfyingly, ran very close to PRs in the longer 12m-60m times also. Basically hit it out of the park on a sunny Spring day. Very satisfying in a non-race post-Covid world to simulate a race effort.

The plan wasn’t to go out hard, but the group energy was there to wind it up some pinches, and then we realised the time, we had to hot-foot it for an hour to get back in time for a Fathers day lunch.

Another long ride that shows my FTP hasn’t been accurately measured yet (IF of 0.98 over the 2.5hr hard part).

2 Likes

PR’d the ramp test today… but didn’t actually PR any time/power average. My 5 minute peak was slightly lower than my last ramp test, and my 1 minute peak was way below some 1 minute intervals I’ve pulled off. But yeah, FTP by ramp test went up not quite 2%. We’ll see where I sit on my strengths (20 minute protocol tomorrow)…

2 Likes

Phenomenal progress mate!! Keep it up!!

3 Likes

And BOOM! highest 20 minute test of all time for me. I felt great in the 5 minute softener effort, averaged a few watts high, just cause… knew it was going to be a good day. AND IT WAS. Each 5 minute quarter was stronger than the prior… I probably left a few watts on the table, but jumping 10-12 watts from both my last/best 20 minute test AND yesterday’s ramp test AND crossing the magical-but-totally-meaningless-4watts-per-kg-threshold…

I can’t wait to unleash all this potential energy into… my next FTP test, I’m certainly not looking forward to my next VO2 workout.

6 Likes

Viva Le France Race Stage 7 on RGT. Not to long ago, a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Not mastered this thing of pushing to the edge on d/c’way TT but nonetheless I PB a 10 mile today. Garmin says 23.38, Strava says 23.40 but I have to wait the official time but I’m pretty confident that it’s a PB as the old PB was 23.58. I’m more pleased with the old PB as it was on a slower single carriageway course and did push harder but it was pre my BC op. The other thing I need to master is clipping in, not easy just now with my feet nerves still to grow back after chemo but hey ho, there’s easily 30s there when I do get it right :joy:

Edit: now Im looking at the stats its reassuring to know I average 93% Max HR and peaked at 98% MHR and felt comfortable with that I was thinking post op I may have needed to drop it by a few beats.

And probably of more interest to me I was 59sec faster for 40w less on what was supposed to be a hard day, compared to the last time I rode the course a week prior to my BC Op. I’ve lost 4kg since then but the big gain is from being comfortable in the TT position for the majority of the ride.

5 Likes