What is Your FTP (w/kg) VS. Max Pull-ups?

I’m ashamed of both numbers so none of your business. :wink:

2 Likes

After joining TR, 1st Ramp Test
75kg, 2.8W/kg vs 45 pullups (trained specially for it)

Now, 2.5 years with TR
68kg, 4W/kg vs probably 10-12 pullups, don’t have bar anymore but still doing some bodyweight exercises.

1 Like

Back the day our group rides crossed 2 parallel train tracks. They were more than 3 full bike lengths apart. I could bunny hope before my front tire crossed the first one and my rear wheel would clear the 2nd one. There was a small lip leading to the first one which helped but it really amazed me how much punishment my 20C wheels could take.

I can bunny hop potholes and unexpected holes / (short) gravel sections at 40 mph. That’s all that matters to me. In actual vertical displacement I’d be surprised if I did much more than clear a 2x4.

I haven’t done a regular set of pull-up in ages but I can almost do a single handed pull-up, almost… could probably do around 16‐18 regular ring pull-ups with a false grip and 3.12W/kg

2.72kg/w @ ~80kg and can do 9 pullups (full up and down not half or CrossFit style :laughing:). Usually do 4 sets though so 9,8,7,6 or something like that.

I ignore what anyone says about pull ups/chin ups after seeing the trend of what people do to try and get a better number.

4 Likes

Right now 4.1 and 20. My bests are 4.7 and 33 (different points in time)

4.5 and 0 or maybe 0.5

1 Like

4.8 and 15, but I was into lifting before endurance sport

1 Like

3.7 w/kg
17-20 pull ups

1 Like

2.5 W/kg

1 pull up. This has taken me years to achieve and only managed it recently!

(40yo F)

3 Likes

Definitely a training thing:
When the off-season starts, I am usually at the height of my biking power and at the low of my pull-up power.
Then it’s >5W/kg and <5 proper pull ups.
At the end of the off/ base season, it‘s closer to 4.5W/kg and 10-12 proper pull ups.

no one can eat 50 eggs

5 Likes

Right now, 3.2 / 10.

(41 years old)

• 317 - > 4 w/kg
  • 20 pull ups

@lap_c any correlation between the two according to you? ; p

ftp: 270 → 4 w/kg (at 67 kg)
pull-ups: 5 or 6
bunnyhop: 21-ish inches, 54cm (highest measured at least)

I don’t do enough strength training. I know I should, but I just like cycling more.

3.9 and climbing swiftly.

15-17 pull-ups, but the last couple are ugly.

16 pull ups (just tried!)

4.3W/kg or 340W

Bit of a strength focus recently so that’s a few more pull ups than usual. During race season it’s more normally around 10-12

3 Likes