Weight loss accountability buddy or thread discussion

Basically. I want to be at least back down to 150 and losing my extra weight in my gut which has gotten pretty bad.

In the past I could easily shred the winter weight with riding but that was before I turned 40, haha.

I rarely drink. So cutting that out for easy gains isn’t a possibility.

3 Likes

Hit another low just this morning at 153.6 - and weight has been steady in the 154s during the week. Calories still at around 2150-2200 except the day before my big endurance ride which I took in 2650, and the day of I took in 3800. Energy was definitely lacking during the second half of my endurance ride and I didn’t fuel it very much but that was intentional. Since this is the last week of my summer shred challenge I’ll be adding in two refeed days during the week while gradually fueling my higher intensity workouts. At this point I’ve pretty much achieved my goal weight.
Overall, energy has been generally good, sleep has been slightly sub optimal but not terrible by any means. Recovery has been good. My strength continues to increase, I’ve hit PR’s at the gym for deadlifts and squats. Physique is looking good. Everything is going well and the difference this time around has been that I’ve taken a lot longer to achieve the results that I wanted. By the end of this week it’ll be 13 weeks of consistency. What a difference it’s made. Never had the urge to binge or overeat, never had intense hunger pangs or mood swings.

4 Likes

It’s now 14 days since I joined myfitnesspal, less work than I assumed, and lost 3 Kg in 2 weeks. I think people should give it a try.

2 Likes

It’s been 13 weeks since I started my physique competion and worked on losing excess body weight. Since last week I am down another pound and pretty nailed my target weight. I weighed in at 153 and started at 166…It’s pretty crazy because I thought I was lean at 156. I can’t help to think I lost some muscle along the way but I’m stronger in the gym than when I stared.

Overall, this was the easiest of all of my transformation challenges that I’ve done, and I’ve done at least 7-8 over since 2014. What made this one different was that I never severely restricted myself. Cutting out the booze really helped in that I never hung-over and I didn’t waste those calories on beer.

I’m really happy with how this worked out for me and for once, I don’t have any weight to lose going into base season. The goal now is to reverse out of my deficit and get back to maintenance which will be lower than before because I’m a smaller person. Also, I’ll be challenged by the holidays which are coming up. I plan on continuing to track my macros which is pretty easy for me to do.

2 Likes

I’m up 300g (within the margin of daily fluctations for me really) over the last 4 weeks, but feel like I weathered the storm somewhat; 5 day cycling holiday with drinking every night & erratic eating, 5 days off the bike including 2 days sick in bed the week I came back, whereupon I ate absolutely all the food I could find every day.

MyFitnessPal is great for a routine home life, less use on holiday in France.

Back at it now, though the cold weather has finally come to the UK and it’s dramatically harder to eat just a salad for an evening meal.

2 Likes

After installing MyFitnessPal and following a 1Kg a week calorie deficit, I have lost 4 Kg in 4 weeks, so it is working so far. The deficit is easy to follow on days were I train because it adds the equivalent amount of calories to the daily allowance, not so easy on non training days to keep the 1500 calories total. Some days I do go over a bit. But so far, I’m happy. I was over 88Kg at the end of September and now 84Kg. The goal is 75 by December, not easy but I will give it a try.

3 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up, the margin of error in calculating calories burned & the calorie numbers even of food from a packet is pretty massive, and I find sometimes even the day after a big day of cycling my muscles are crying out for more calories to recover. Better to eat a little more of a planned healthy meal of wholefoods.

If your weight keeps falling you’re good.

3 Likes

Not that important but how do I get the coloured cells in the tracker? I’m kitenski on there

1 Like

The highlighted button is “fill” and that is probably what you are looking for :slight_smile:

I’m sure the origional version auto colour coded a cell automatically depending on gain, loss or stayed the same…

Some of the rows use conditional formatting but I’m not sure if it was done by individuals or was applied to the whole thing, if you look at SawnCraft (row 55) you can see the formatting they are using.

1 Like

Yeah, I just did conditional formatting on my row.

I’m now (finally) back on my journey to make those cells green rather than red!

3 Likes

cheers, I’ve copied over the conditional formatting

1 Like

It did, there was some conditional formating… I may put it back at some point.

It slowly got deleted when people added new lines or cut and pasted cells.

Edit: I see @SawnCraft has put it back on their row.

1 Like

Since last week, I’ve weighed in a little lower but have been mostly stable while increasing my food intake. My strategy now is just to increase my workout fueling and periodize my carb and total calorie intake around my more demanding rides and workouts based on duration and intensity. I’ve also lowered my protein intake since I’m a bit smaller so that I have room for more carbs.
Performance on the bike hasn’t felt much different yet, still seeing some strength gains in the gym on my DL’s and Squats.

4 Likes

I’m down 14 pounds since I started back with my intermittent fasting. I still have 6 more pounds to go to reach my goal. I’m a little faster on the MTB group ride as the hills don’t take as much out of me and I’m hitting all my workout goals but I do feel a little more tired for other daily activities. Hopefully the energy will come back once I’ve reached my weight goal and my calories stabilize for maintaining that weight. When you run a calorie deficit you can’t expect to have as much energy throughout the day.

4 Likes

What sort of fasting schedule are you doing @stonerider ? 16:8, OMAD?

I was doing some IF earlier this year, but fell off the wagon and haven’t gotten back on yet.

Way to go with the weight loss!

Thanks! 6 days a week I fast anywhere from 16 to 17 hours. I generally eat my first meal around 10 to 11am and will eat my last meal between 5 to 6pm. On Saturdays I eat earlier as I generally have a long ride planned in the morning.

Mid Fifties: Is it possible to lose 10%?
So i’m solidly in the middle of my fifties. I am going to try to lose about 10% of my total body weight by shifting my body composition (i.e. losing fat).

Before you share advice: I’m going to work on the obvious stuff: Lifting weights to sustain muscle mass, dropping alcohol’s empty calories, food tracking, macro balance. Long, zone 2 rides for a couple months to build base. Any 50 YO success stories in this thread?

3 Likes

I’m not 50 but close…how much is 10%? I dropped 7.5% over the course of 13 weeks while training and lifting and hit my goal weight.

1 Like