Weight loss accountability buddy or thread discussion

I’m in and I’ve added myself to the bottom! Working on getting to 4.5 W/kg this year with a big stretch goal of 5 W/kg (but not sure how realistic that might be).
Started the year at 78.1 kg with an aim of getting myself to 73kg and have been partaking in the Dialed Health shred this month to drop the weight and be a bit more careful about what I’m eating. It seems to be working really well for me!

I workout at least 5 days a week, aim for a 400 calorie deficit (but fuel every workout fully), have ~150g protein per day, drink 3 litres of water, weigh every day and try to make good food choices (via food tracking on MFP).
Currently at 73.7kg as of this morning and feeling great.

What is your height/weight/body fat %?

I am 1,83 meters tall. The body composition scale I have at home says I weigh 94 kilos, and have a 20% body fat percentage. It also said muscle mass is 71 kilos, I don’t know how accurate these figures are.

In that case, I don’t think your BMR calculations are that far off. Remember they are an estimate anyways. I tend to do a simple calculation of around 10-12 times body weight (in pounds). So in your case I would come up with a starting ground of 2068-2482 for a BMR. Now that is basically just an estimate on calories needed to maintain your body weight with no activity. I would start somewhere in the middle, say 2200 cals as a baseline. I would not add in daily expenditure for normal activities into that. Only consider kjs burned on the bike. That would be my deficit to lose. Factor in fueling during harder sessions etc and look at the net loss per workout.

For example, I would eat my baseline cals regardless of any workout done that day. I would only count my ride nutrition against the kjs burned for each workout. So if you did a 90 minute ride and burned 800 kjs but took in 300 cals for the session you would end up with a 500 cal deficit. I would still aim to eat my baseline 2200 that day so technically I’d have a total of 2500 cals if you count the stuff during the workout.

Great post, thanks!

It is hard to estimate the calories for my daily activities. For example, I do my shopping in a nearby supermarket without a car, so I take a 5 minute walk there and back with groceries. I suspect that many of these little things add up so 2200/2400 kcals as a baseline doesn’t seem crazy high.

I also double checked the scales and they have a calculation of BMR of 2200, so it matches what you said.

I added 4 hour rides in the weekend, and I expect the energy burned in those to be about 2000-2400 kcals. The plan allocates about 2900 kcals of food for these days, which seems a bit low.

I’ll give them feedback depending on how I feel after a week or two …

Everyone that has recorded a weight so far for this week has lost some weight. Well done all.

1 Like

Added myself to the spreadsheet.
Been consistently 94-ish kg for the past month or so, and about 8kg up from a year ago.

Added myself to the spreadsheet. Initial weight was a bit lower than I thought I weighed.

Has anyone used beeminder or stickk? I’m thinking of trying to abstain from icecream for February and it seems like it could help. I have a bad habit of stress eating a pint of icecream or box of TJ’s icecream sandwiches.

Not my best week - but glad to have the group accountability, will be back on track next week.

Great work @Bbt67 and @DO-IT-ALL !

1 Like

Hiya,

I’m removing myself from the spreadsheet. I’ve been on a weight training program and, as a result, do not seek to lose weight for a while until I’ve hit my strength targets.

Best of luck to everyone and i’ll likely rejoin in a few months when my goals will shift back to de-fatting!

Bought a new bike. :grin:

Set myself the target of being below 72kgs (and better weather) before I ride it.

Best two weeks of weight loss ever!

4 Likes

Bump…

New week.

1 Like

Added my name to the bottom of the sheet. I’ve posted ^way up there^ a few times. Last year was a fight to lose any weight for a number of reasons, mainly stress & a lack of structured eating :rofl:

In January of this year, I started 16/8 IF which really helped me develop disciplined eating. I also started doing strength work & I’ve dropped a little over 20lbs so far.

I’ve been in a pretty serious caloric deficit for most of the year, however. This has not been kind to my bike training but that’s ok. my body feels great & it has really helped lift my mood. I’m beginning to add in calories & more properly fuel my ride time. I’m condfident I can actually get to where I want to be & I honestly can’t remember a time in my life I’ve felt this way.

Hope others in this thread are experiencing success in their respective losing efforts!

5 Likes

I gained 1.3kg but that was expected as I was Carb loading for Manchester Marathon and then there was a couple of meals out after the Marathon while staying in Manchester. Should be back to where I was by next week.

1 Like

I’m having to take a few weeks out of watching weight as I got knocked off and am now in a leg brace! My new bike got delivered today so once it’s been Invisiframed it’ll be great motivation to get back to 73kg!

2 Likes

Went skiing, ate junk, put 1.3kgs back on.

Not sure I can make it to my target weight before my summer events without impacting my training, but going to get serious about what, when and how much is going in and see where I end up.

1 Like

Is there a 2022 version of the spreadsheet?

@Kenzii

2 Likes

Alright joining up with my shipwreck

3 Likes

Ooof… up 10 pounds (4-ish kg) since my last (and also first) check in back in January.

Been having a real tough time with stress eating… I have to rebuild my MFP tracking habit and really start reducing simple sugars.