Wahoo Elemnt Bolt (V2 Color)

By the sounds of it there may be a dodgy batch of units rather than intrinsic problems. Mine’s working flawlessly - but clearly not the case for everyone.

EDIT: Digging deeper I see that the B2 isn’t recording elevation/gradient and temperature correctly. Hadn’t noticed that! Ticket raised.

1 Like

I had that problem with version one and a patch fixed it a week or so ago.

It was working fine on Thursday and all rides before that so today’s update must have screwed things up.

I’ve noticed the connection to the phone is weird too. With the Version one, the unit would beep to alert you it is connected. With the V2, it hasn’t done that for me but does connect With the same speed and frequency as my Bolt V1. I’m just not alerted to it with an audio queue which is annoying.

Yep, same here.

Early days and on the positive side at least these sound like fixable firmware bugs rather than anything with the hardware.

1 Like

I would be surprised to see Wahoo give us that kind of customization even if it could easily done. Seems they prefer to stick to simple to use. The user adjustable zones for heart rate and power are still sort of pre-defined because they are based off of max heart rate and FTP.
You could dedicate your LED’s to speed though now that you would have the screen colours for power and heart rate.

You can have them based off FTP or Max HR but you can also tap the numbers of those zones to edit the bounds individually as well. It’s a little known and hidden feature I’ve tinkered with now and then (pic below; the blue underscore is the field I’m editing). Doing this with a speed field wouldn’t be too hard and would be a nice feature imo. I may send them some feedback as a feature request and see what blows back.

1 Like

Anybody’s charging port cover failing to stay closed? Mine is loose and always pops open.

No issue with mine, but if I recall the new one is built to be replaceable so maybe it isn’t securely in place?

Used mine a few times now. My initial thoughts are

• The colour coding works really nicely with outdoor workouts. I tend not to look at the head unit too much during intervals and being able to see if I’m in the right ball-park in my peripheral vision is reassuring.

• My 3yo son LOVES the coloured map when he’s on the shotgun seat.

Have you heard back from support on your zone color question? I’m still not able to access those fields in the Wahoo app (on my iPhone). Thanks!

I did hear back but the support person basically told me to check the app/firmware are up to date, to re-pair the device, etc. And if that doesn’t work they said to select the field that has “zone color” in the title. Sigh. I wrote back but have yet to get a response.

1 Like

UPDATE: Since my one dodgy ride last week with the screwed up elevation/temperature data in the tracklog, every workout since (and before) has been spot on. Flawless in operation in every aspect. Loving it!

1 Like

Are you on iPhone? I found it in the ‘Power Avg Over Time’ section of the power menu for mine

1 Like

Yes, I am on iPhone. What is that screenshot from? I’m guessing Android since I know for sure that was not there when I last checked the iOS app.

I’m on iOS as well. I had to scroll quite far down to find it.

I’ve scrolled and scrolled and it’s just not there. Here is a screenshot of that same section on mine.

My companion app version is 1.40.0 (6861)
ELEMNT version is WA20-11606

What versions are you running and does the heart rate section contain zone color options for you?

I’m on the same versions as you: 1.40.0 and WA20-11606.

The zone colour stuff appears just above the ‘Power Max Over Time’ part of the list on your screenshot for me.

1 Like

I figured it out for anyone that is interested. I had to unpair the Bolt from the companion app and then repair it. Now the zone color options show up.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try this later today.

1 Like