VoiceOver Support [Feature Request]

@Nate_Pearson
I do some volunteer work with visually impaired athletes guiding them on runs and piloting them on tandem bike rides. As I was talking to one athlete the other day, I thought that TrainerRoad would be the perfect tool for them to use in their training- they can workout inside without the need for a guide and still do structured training to help improve. Unfortunately, as I tried to navigate the iOS app with VoiceOver accessibility feature I noticed that the app doesn’t fully support navigation via this method. I’m not sure how much effort it would take to make the app fully VoiceOver comparable, but I think this is a huge untapped market and know that it would be incredibly transformative for these athletes. Is this something you all can look into adding support for?

5 Likes

Just to bump this, I am using TR currently with voiceover, it works some as long as you have a little sight. I have loaded and tested the new IOS version and itus not currently usable with voiceover even with a little vision. I submitted a report but not sure of the status and I had to go back to the current version so I could train.

I enjoy everything about TR, the plans, the podcast and would love to see the app get better for us competitive and recreational low-vision/blind users.

2 Likes

Yes, glados voice over please.

1 Like

Not just for the visually impaired. I’d like to hear Chad or Amber yelling “UP UP UP!” at me when I’m not hitting power target…

1 Like