Preview Graph Visualization for Outdoor / Outside Workouts [Resolved ✅]

Hi,
Why isn’t there an image of the workout profile in outside workouts? I know outside workouts have ranges, but it the image would give us a great idea of what we are up to.
Could it be added?

Thanks, love the product!

4 Likes

Hey! Moved your request to the existing thread, thanks for the nudge! Its on the team’s radar for sure, but as you can imagine, all of our energy is in getting athletes on Adaptive Training and addressing those issues before considering features like this. Thanks for your patience!

7 Likes

Hey Ivy…if I didn’t set an outdoor workout but my outdoor ride was workout-like… you could use ML to detect the most similar workout of the library and if a similarity score crosses a specific threshold you could link it or use that workout picture or so… what do you think?

1 Like

We just got a similar request for this!

1 Like

Just another nudge for this. It drives me crazy that the workout graph disappears when swithc ing workouts to outdoors and I end up switching back and forth repeatedly to see what I have coming up. As we get into outdoor riding season in the northern hemisphere this is far more important to me than AT… Please move this up the priority list. AT is sucking up too many resources and the long list of things like this that just need to be fixed is growing…

2 Likes

Definitely understand that you’d like to see this feature put in place. To speak to the prioritization of our resources, It’s not that we think this isn’t something that should get fixed or implemented, it just comes down to what we think will be the best features to help cyclists get faster most effectively in the immediate future, apart from AT with features such as Updated Training Plans, Workout Levels, and TrainNow Updates).
Thanks for the bump, I’ll pass along to the team!

1 Like

@Crosshair I moved your request under the existing one to keep common requests connected.

1 Like

That would pretty much satisfy me.

I do the same thing, switch to indoor to see what I am doing or look it up in the library.

At least my Garmin gives me a preview.

2 Likes

Bumping this one to the team! Thanks, all.

6 Likes

Another vote for this, it’d be great to see what’s coming up. Makes sense if past outside workouts still show the map though.

2 Likes

Update on the OP topic of displaying workout graph for Outside Workouts: this is on the roadmap!

11 Likes

It would be awesome if selecting outside workouts didn’t get rid of the pretty blue pictures. It might sound weird but I use those to help determine my route before heading out. So what happens is … instead of scheduling all outside workouts… I end up keeping it indoors til the last second and then have to push and wait for it to sync etc. Just because of a little picture hahah. I can’t be the only one right?

5 Likes

Definitely not the only one with that request, so I moved your lost under the existing topic with that request.

1 Like

This is actively being worked on! In the future, outside workouts will retain their profile graphs. :sunglasses:

I’m tracking the issue and will provide an update when the feature is live!

11 Likes

Happy to see some movement!

1 Like

Correction: this isn’t actively being worked right now, but is ‘on our plate’ and queued up to be in developers workflow. I’ll provide updates as they become available!

8 Likes

Just wanted to voice support for this.

+1

Thanks for all the updates @IvyAudrain.

2 Likes

Boo.

I want this too. After Apple Health integration but I still want this

1 Like

Would like this too - as it’s a shame to lose the preview.

But there needs to be some visual indication that the workout is set to Outdoor - maybe have the graph as green or grey instead of blue?

Here’s an example from a discussion yesterday with Abney as indoor and Mount Field -1 as outdoor. Oohh… only just noticed that there’s “Outside” for Mount Field! No IF though.

1 Like

Just bumping this up: It would be awesome if outside workouts had the preview picture for all the reasons listed in the previous posts. Is this being worked on?

2 Likes