Preview Graph Visualization for Outdoor / Outside Workouts [Resolved ✅]

Would like this too - as it’s a shame to lose the preview.

But there needs to be some visual indication that the workout is set to Outdoor - maybe have the graph as green or grey instead of blue?

Here’s an example from a discussion yesterday with Abney as indoor and Mount Field -1 as outdoor. Oohh… only just noticed that there’s “Outside” for Mount Field! No IF though.

1 Like

Just bumping this up: It would be awesome if outside workouts had the preview picture for all the reasons listed in the previous posts. Is this being worked on?

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

Ivy’s probably getting tired of bumping this lol but I’ll add my +1. Outdoor workouts and AT have been game-changers for me and part of the fun/utility is seeing all the workouts laid out on the calendar!

2 Likes

As a workaround, I rename outside workouts to reflect nature of workout. Examples:

• “AE/120”: 2h Z2 (by HR)
  • “SS90/60 4x15”: Sweetspot at 90% for total 60min with 4x15min intervals
  • “Z4/60 3x20”: Threshold for 60min with 3x20min intervals

Yes, I would still prefer graph but still better than nothing.

EDIT: I do this renaming on Strava, so it will be propagated to possible various systems (intervals.icu, TR, Garmin, etc)

3 Likes

Why when you select an workout to outdoor do you loose the picture graph of the workout?

I find these so useful to have a quick look at what to expect. Instead I have to read a long detailed description.

Surely a change in colour to show its outdoor would be better ?

TR is there a logical reason?

1 Like

This is a long running request, so I moved your post under the existing one. You can read above to see the existing discussion.

1 Like

This will be awesome- long overdue

1 Like

Just thought I’d bump this as well.

This would be a HUGE win that I would imagine is relatively easy to implement.

2 Likes

Not only don’t you get visuals, but you don’t get what the target power for the intervals were. I had an Anaerobic sprint workout where the interval lengths decreased in time but increased in power.

Looking back on the ride in post I was trying to compare how well I hit the targets. To do so I had to pull up the original workout on a separate screen to find the power targets.

It’s just a cumbersome process when you’re training outside all summer. Not sure outdoor workouts v2 will fix these problems when it launches likely this winter.

1 Like

You have to do this for indoor workouts too. Drives me nuts. I want to see the original text description in the completed workout.

1 Like

No, it shows the targets in the Intervals Summary under the Power tab. Your effort/ Target Effort:

3 Likes

Oh wow. I’ve never noticed that. I just want to see “5x5@105% with 3 mins rest”.

Just realized that I don’t see that because I’m in the app 99.9% of the time. Never thought to go see if there is more in the web browser.

2 Likes

Web browser is definitely significantly better for reviewing rides. The app is definitely lacking in this area.

2 Likes

I didn’t see a post on this, so please redirect me if there is one already, but this morning I opened up my calendar on the website and noticed that all of my scheduled outdoor workouts now appear with graphs similar to how the indoor workouts look. I kind of like it because I can get a feel for what the workout is without clicking on it to see the description.
I was hoping it was part of some larger update (Adaptive Training V2?) but it looks like it might just be the calendar view.
Does anyone have anymore info on this change?

1 Like

There is no official announcement that I have seen. The first post I saw was this one, in Nate’s Calendar topic:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you TR! Seeing those graphs on outside workouts makes all the difference in the world for being able to tell at a glance what I need to prepare for!

3 Likes

This makes me so happy. Such a small change–outsized happiness.

5 Likes

I’m not seeing this, either in the app or on the web (desktop or mobile).

Hopefully it’s a staged rollout and not something wrong on my end.