Updates on how AI FTP Detection is triggered!

There won’t be much of a difference in that timeframe, but we generally advise using AI FTP Detection when you’d normally have a Ramp/FTP Test – in other words, after your recovery week when you begin your next block of training (just as @Gnome and @Pbase said :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

So my early access page is completely blank? Any idea how I set my fitness assessment preferences?

Yup, mine is the same so there are no actual EA options at the moment, apparently.

1 Like

Hmm. So, that means AI FTP detection is the default fitness assessment now? With no option to change it?

Maybe they pulled the page to implement WLV2 beta early access

1 Like

This is a bug and an engineer is pushing a fix as we speak. :sunglasses:

The new AI FTP Detection features are still in Early Access and you should be able to enable it within ~15 min.

Thanks for ringing the alarms!!!

5 Likes

Wheels in motion, look what I just found on my calendar…

I have been using Notes on the TR Calendar to track many things, including my FTP history. Scrolling around just now I found that TR has added a marker with the same basic info.

As of now, clicking on that marker takes you to your FTP History page under your account.

ETA, here is one that shows a decrease (note the gray color in addition to the negative value indicator)

And one final pic, showing a manual entry, this was a drop from blood donation based on my own history and best guess.

So we can see the source and delta quickly right on the calendar. Nice improvement and timesaver for me :smiley:

ETAA: one more new detail, top right of the Calendar:

Main display is just the text, but this pic shows me hovering over the FTP section, and the “tooltip” is the date and source of the current FTP (along with weight and w/kg).

6 Likes

Mobile version is working too, as you can see I also made a note of the change. Glad I don’t have to anymore!

5 Likes

Is this android? Not seeing this in iOS

Not showing for me in Win or Android.

Web access is the only place I have it right now.

1 Like

Can confirm it’s showing on the Android version. I am singed up for the Beta program as well. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

1 Like

I am on Android beta access too, but don’t have the new markers. Not sure what’s going on?

1 Like

iOS Version 2023.20.0 is showing it

2 Likes

Hmm I’m not sure.

Mine updated more recently than the 19th (yesterday) to show it perhaps?

Can you check your app screen like mine? Just open the Play store and find TrainerRoad, but don’t launch it. That will show the “Last Updated…” date.

I went into Play (manage apps) and it said last updated Yesterday.

Wait I’m confused. You guys showing the notes of FTP changes…are those things you’re manually entering yourself, or is that a function of the 30 day ftp detection thing?

1. The red “FTPD 229w > 236w (+3.1%)” text is a Calendar Note that I have added manually for a long time.

2. The box shown in the pink oval, is new and added by TR, apparently as part of some update.

Interesting. I’ve never seen that…is it showing up for every workout for you??