Man I got my ass beat today.
- Spd pedals need to be loosened. I’m not getting enough float
- Road shoes and mountain shoes are both the same shoe, but have different insole in mountain shoe, have blue and need red.
- That was 4x longer on one ride then I had worn my mountain shoes previously. I have only worn them a few times.
These small issues resulted in IT band tightness and soreness 5 hours into my 8 hour ride today. Will need to ice and take it easy might bump up my recovery week to get 100%. I had a massage Thursday and was feeling great and no issues on Saturday workout, thought I had gotten on top of the issue.
- 120 miles, 8hr, 460tss, IF of .76. 12000’ of climbing
- Pacing was under control until It wasn’t. This route was so hilly half of the 20 hills are 15-20% with loose gravel.
- 5 hours of in my own head time and was ok with it
- Rode 30miles prior to meeting the group and was quickly able to determine pressure was too low at 32f 35r. Bumped it up to 35f 39r, tyrewiz made this very simple to determine.
- Fueling was good. Ran liter bottles with 500cal of homemade mix. Sis gels. Still prob didn’t eat enough.
It’s so hard for me to find a gravel course that isn’t hilly. Today’s gravel had nothing smooth, just beat me up all day. This ride was less tss then last weeks 6hour ride, but my body is sore, my taint is crushed.
I’m up to 8hrs on a training ride and I have 60 days to be ready and 50days till my 200k race, I Feel like I’m track. 5 of my last 6 weeks are minimal of 800tss. All systems are firing, now to work out shoe and pedal issue.
Can I do unbound on a shimano road cleat?