UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

Thanks. During my last ramp test (only 2-3 weeks ago) I stalled once I hit my “cycling” max HR, still gained 2% somehow. I’ve seen HR to be higher, but in cycling, for some reason, when I hit that number, things become blurry and dizzy. Legs seem to be outperforming my HR capacity it looks like. Anyway, if cooling gives me those few extra beats, I guess, it should result in ramping longer…

This is another reason why HR doesn’t work as a consistent measurement of effort.

You may well have hit max rate early as it was elevated due to heat stress. My heart is always elevated during the ramp test due to nerves but it doesn’t impact my performance

Got my fan, recommended. Positioned directly in front of front wheel feels perfect to me:

Might get rid of the Honeywell, I’ll see how it goes. The Cleva feels ten times as strong which is impressive considering it’s only 150W vs 40W for the Honeywell. Even its weakest setting is impressive.

I like how you’ve got that shelf to levitate despite the weight of 2 TVs, fans etc on it.

The TV you can’t see is a 40" one as well, and not a super-light new one :smile:

You’ve probably guessed already but the secret is that the windowsill that the other end of it is on is about a foot deep and there’s a stack of 30kg+ of weights in the corner of it…

It’s been like that for a while without a problem, but this morning I’ve just added a couple of screws to it, just straight through the shelf into the windowsill for peace of mind, as it’s only a matter of time before my wife or I absent-mindedly lean on it while chatting to the other and taking our shoes off, or similar!

1 Like

Is it working ok on the 230v? Don’t need portability but an upgraded fan experience would be nice. Warsaw here :wink:

Yep, works fine on UK power supply. But I bought it in the UK and it came with a UK plug, why wouldn’t it be ok? I’m confused! :confused:

Peter asked about Europe, especially Poland,

I did not think about it. I sent a request to them and let you know if it works with 230v and is fit with our electric socket.

1 Like

Ok. The manual says 220 - 240V, so should be fine.

1 Like

I connected it using a cheap UK → Europe plug adapter. In the extension plug, on the fan, I plugged a UK standard usb charger. (Sweden)

Wrocław here, 15PLN adapter from OBI (or any supermarket which is not far away) is all you need :slight_smile:

BTW: you can connect something else to this dryer, laptop or sth. But you need another adapter to do so. I am going to buy one - it seems there is sometimes long way to nearest power socket in a hotel room and it will be useful.

4 Likes

Nice. I think I’m going to pull the trigger on one of these when I get back from vacation. I use a 120w HB fan I got at RTVEuroAGD, but they kick the crapper after about a year or year and half and they aren’t particularly fantastic while they work either…

How much did the shipping to Sweden cost?

“We can ship an Air Mover to you in Sweden, but we’d need to charge £10.00 to cover shipping costs.”

In total, including shipping, VAT and the 10% discount from this thread, I paid 63,95 GBP. I haven’t found anything that comes even close regarding affordability.

1 Like

It might be a bit ghetto, needing an enclosure or some tidying up, but it works and only cost £2 for a bit of 4-core cable:

If you want to try this yourself you only need very basic skills but you will need a security bit to remove the screw behind the switch panel on the fan. Screwfix sold me a set of 33 bits for £15.

1 Like

Far too much exposed copper and metal there to make me comfortable! :grimacing:

1 Like

Agreed, I’m not loving it. Luckily we have no kids so I don’t have to be TOO nervous about it! I rushed it a bit to get in operational for tonight’s workout, I’ll try to make it less deathly one day… In other words I won’t, probably.

2 Likes

It is a good attempt. I too need to come off the bike to turn it on.

Only downside to the fan so far is it makes it hard to keep a teatowel on the handlebars, and when I go to wipe my face (admittedly I do this less than I did without the fan) I resemble a car on the motorway wth a carrier bag stuck to its front bumper…

2 Likes

Similar issue… I have to blow my nose on rides. I have one of the Stanley Fans (focused on my lower face and upper chest, and one of Lasko fans (focused on my mid and lower chest).

• I have to sit up straight to use a facial tissue for blowing my nose, to get out of the main air flow, and keep it from flying all over the place.