TrainerRoad users' bikes

My weapon of choice, I am yet to take a photo with a decent backdrop!

29 Likes

WOW type of bike :blush: I own TCR Team Ediction (in Europe we’ve got the bike with CCC Team logotypes) but the color of your bike is just great! (my is just black)

One think hold me back from buying this specific model from tcr range is a seatpost. Have you any problems with it?

1 Like

Thank you, the paint job looks even better in the sun so the picture does not do it justice. Giant offer very good value bikes compared to more boutique brands and the after sales service I get from my local Giant store is unbeatable, even if I do not purchase all my stuff from them.

People either love or hate an ISP (Integrated Seat Post) but I love them. They do come with a few draw backs like resale value and traveling but I tend to keep my bikes for at least 5 years so resale value is no big deal for me. The bikes go in the back of a van for cycling holidays and there are cases available that the frame with ISP will fit into if I ever wanted to take it on a flight.

1 Like

It rather depends what you’re looking for (race machine, endurance, etc etc) but you should be able to get a mid level 2018 model from a decent brand for that money. Ok, it’s UK, but currently on ebay I can see a 2018 Synapse with Ultegra for £1800 ($2300) or best offer, so I suspect you’d actually get it (or something like it) for pretty close to the $2k mark. I built up a 2019 Emonda from largely second hand parts for £2000 ($2500 ish), but I could have got that down 20% if I’d not put Etap on it.

I’d be looking for 2017-18, major brand, Ultegra level, good condition, perhaps with the odd nice upgrade. You should be able to get something pretty decent.

Love this thing

13 Likes

Great rebuild there. That orange is KILLER!

I love my 2019 Fuel EX. It is such a good “trail” bike that it handles a bit of everything well, for my needs and area at least.

1 Like
  1. Check for cracks
  2. submit claim
  3. get a 2021
  4. Profit
1 Like

No kidding. Your story (and learning it is not totally unique) have me a bit nervous about mine. I will be watching it closely and respond as needed (although I hope not fingers crossed).

Good to hear that your older 51mm offset still works well with the new geometry. I was wondering how that would workout. Glad it is all ripping and you are happy with Fuel EX, Part Duex :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The 51mm offset is weird cause it technically makes the wheelbase longer (slower handling) but reduces trail, so steering is quicker. It certainly doesn’t feel bad, I’ve always had issues with tight corners specifically switchbacks, but that’s all me and not the bike

1 Like

Here’s my latest steed. I’m calling it Ti Fighter for now, but open to other Ti related puns. We’re going on a 220 mile one-day gravel adventure this week, so I was trying it out with the frame bag for extra snacks.

24 Likes

The 2021 Addict RC Pro. I’ve spent more time with it than my kids since it arrived a week ago. :heart_eyes::sweat_smile:

48 Likes

Probably a pretty terrible photo but here is my Focus Izalco Max disc 8.8. I’ve had it for a few months now, upgrading from a Trek Emonda SL6 pro and am completely sold on discs. Pretty similar geometry but there is something with the front wheel and fork whereby when it’s raining water flicks up off the front wheel onto my face.
The Novatec R5 wheels while not a wheel brand I think is common roll well and have a glorious freehub noise.

Recently got a power meter and the weather is warming up here so can’t wait to do some outside workouts.

10 Likes

Hey all! This is my newly built crit bike. It’s actually an older Canyon Endurace AL frame but a size down (56cm) from what I usually ride (58). The long and slammed stem gives it a nice, racy geo for an ‘endurance’ frame. Basically, I got a great deal on a very boring matte black alloy canyon in barely used condition and decided to spend a bit of money on paint, finishing kit and some deep dish rims. It weighs bang on 8kg which I think is pretty fly for a mid-range alloy bike. I’ve since rotated the bars forward as the mechanic had them fairly rolled back as you can see in the pic.

Absolutely bombs on the flat. Paired with a skinsuit, it really rips along when putting out sustained power efforts. First few rides were some 100 mile days in the welsh mountains through mud, rain and cattle grids, a real trial by fire!

40 Likes

It’s new bike day !

It took me forever to figure out what I wanted, but I went the gravel route with a roady configuration grx600 and grx810 at the back.

I wanted unique colours, and I’m very happy with it !

Ordered online, 4 weeks to build and get there.

Now I need to take it for a ride, I’m sure it’ll be a change from my trusty entry level Orbea on Claris

It’s a Graxx model from French manufacturer Origine

10 Likes

image image

My 2: my Mason Definition (the Di2 model with upgraded bars and wheels) and my Trek Émonda self build.

10 Likes

I absolutely love the matching seatpost and stem :star_struck:

What’s the saddle to bar drop on there?

Man, I love this bike. Such a good paint/logo color choice!

I finally got around to taking a picture of my son’s Vitus. Frame from Chainreaction and 105 build kit from Merlin

7 Likes

My 2016 tarmac rim brake👍:

14 Likes

Cheers! The drop is about 16cm. I intentionally set it up so that I’m nice and aero on the hoods. My other bike has a drop of 13cm and is more comfortable on longer days. This one is set up specifically to go fast!

1 Like