TrainerRoad users' bikes

Vitus is still making bikes? Love it!

I love my Brompton!! Got mine in March just days before our area locked down.

Got another bike recently for hauling the kids that I’ll be doing a proper post on later, but here’s the Brompton. :grin::heart:

image image

10 Likes

Vitus is owned by Chainreaction now.

1 Like

Rolling on a walmart bike :wink:

18 Likes

Yep, Bought my chain reaction cycles, can only be bought from them and wiggle. Serious value to be had with no middle man

Update on the Addict RC…our pool turned green today in honor of Irishman Sam Bennett taking the green jersey today and winning on the Champs Elysees. Just hoping the algae pulls out the green in the grey of the paint on this 2021 Addict RC 10 :wink: :boom:

New wheels are DT Swiss Dicut 1100.
Shorter cranks ffrom 172.5 to 165.
Less set back at zero.
Longer stem 110 to 130 and narrower bars. 400 down from 420.

While I’ve enjoyed dialing this in the integration and proprietary components are somewhat obnoxious. It would be really f***ing cool (SCOTT BIKES) if you allowed customers to select the dimensions for wheels, cranks, stem, bar, and seat post they want. JMO…

29 Likes

That is absolutely stunning. Makes me love my black 2020 Addict RC Ultimate just a little bit less after seeing this colour :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Bought this bike in April 2019 as a self present for my 70th birthday in July. Used it to ride the Raid Alpine in July (Thonon-les Bains to Nice, 780km, 17,800M of climbing in six days). Rose is a German bike shop with business model like Canyon – but they allow you to customise. This is a 50cm X-Lite 6 with Ultegra Di2 R8070, Rose 40/50mm wheels with GP5000TL, Ritchey WCS finishing kit, Selle italia SLR Flow saddle. EW-WU111 mounted under battery in seatpost. Weighs 7.4kgs with pedals and bottle cages.

29 Likes

Lower light or background it’s more green. Brighter more grey.

1 Like

How does she ride now that you got it dialed in?

@Matt2380 I am enjoying it for sure.

Positives are:
-The front end…super nimble and quick but, predictable.
-The back end is slightly more comfortable than the Factor (seat post related perhaps).
-Syncros wheels were a pleasant surprise. I honestly can’t fault these yet. I did buy some deeper wheels which might roll slightly faster but, the Syncros 35’s handle really really well. I was going to unload them but, not anymore.
-Not necessarily related to Scott per-se but, I’m really enjoying the range with the SRAM AXS stuff.

Negatives:
-Not a huge deal but, the complete weight with upgraded and much lighter one piece bar/stem, is 17.5 pounds. Again not a huge deal but, coming off the Factor those 2 extra pounds just change the feel and make it a touch less lively. Performance is probably indistinguishable but, feel is worth something as well…
-Integration…While it creates a clean looking and aero bike it sure make getting dialed in a PITA.
-For me only the small head tube. While the reach and setback are good with a 54 I’d be much better with a 54 Foil head tube or the Addict 56 head tube. Right now I have 40mm of spacers under the stem and I think it looks bad. I knew it when I bought it, but, maybe I would have waited for the Foil…

I might be upgrading to Ultegra Di2 and an integrated cockpit.

15 Likes

That looks awesome — how do you like it?

It’s pretty great, really stiff. I got it for an amazing price too. ~$2k on closeout with full hydro ultegra, carbon wheels, carbon frame, etc brand new this June. Put my old quarq on there.

1 Like

Definitely enticed by the price of the closeouts models!

2 Likes

What do you think of Felt bikes? Asking for a friend.

See you out at ATM on it?

16h

It’s pretty great, really stiff. I got it for an amazing price too. ~$2k on closeout with full hydro ultegra, carbon wheels, carbon frame, etc brand new this June. Put my old quarq on there.

I have to think that Viathon screwed up their sales predictions, and ended up with all that stock to dump cheap. And then I have to think they’ll not make that mistake again. The last thing they need is everyone only buying a Viathon when they’re 30, 40 or 50% off.

Perhaps. Sort of a PITA to get to for me. What time is it rolling right now?

Currently I am riding the 2020 Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup (Try saying that 10 times fast) :joy:
However, I am also in the market for a road bike because I have recently broken my wrist which put me on the indoor trainer for about 2 months. I am now allowed to ride outdoors but not on the trails for the next month or 2, so I have been doing a bunch of road rides on my mountain bike. Any suggestions for a cheaper road bike that I could use primarily for training purposes and not necessarily racing? Im looking for something below 2000$, I am thinking I will by used, but if I could get a good new bike for that price range I would also be open to that. Thanks!

6 Likes