TrainerRoad + Apple Watch for HR? [Feature Request]

I used the bottom one. Thank you! Can’t wait to give this a go!

1 Like

So true…that’s why all the pros don’t wear HR monitors, nor do any coaches recommend using HR monitors particularly for long endurance training sessions…oh wait a sec…:man_facepalming:t2:

:see_no_evil:

Awesome, hopefully you like it. Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

I just used the middle one. Plan to use it in a workout tonight. Thank you!

I’m trying to use top promo but can’t work out where to enter it!

Got promo to work.
First trainer session in 9 months today… Geiger with the added metric of heart rate (from my Apple Watch) to stare at. BlueHeart is a free app & actually works with watch & TrainerRoad.

Thanks @Nerd-With-A-Tan excellent work, I’ve been waiting 2 years for this.

2 Likes

Good question. I’d suggest TR developers survey riders to get their input. Zwift has this feature And its way more convenient and accurate than my Polar H7 heart monitor strap.

The lack of Apple Watch HR support seems like a big miss to me. Especially now Zwift has it.

3 Likes

I would have hoped my weight could be synced via the health app. I update Garmin Express each week and other apps take it from that entry via the Health app

1 Like

We are in 2021 y’all… I’m gonna have to use another third party app that has this feature to then upload it to strava then download it to Trainer Road, you’re requiring that your users become tech experts to use your app, and it’s a $20/mo subscription… If you can’t handle the strava import well, I will carefully consider becoming a paying user.

4 Likes

It’s been a little more than six months since I’ve seen an update on this feature. Has this made it to a roadmap yet?

1 Like

i don’t really understand why this isn’t integrated. I love using it with Peloton. The rate is close enough for me. I just end up tracking heart rate separately on my watch and let strava put it together. sub-optimal for sure.

3 Likes

I’d love it as well +1

1 Like

Thanks, all! We’re looking into how difficult this would be with Apple’s most current settings, and then from there can have a better idea of where this feature implementation would fall in terms of resources/time allotment for our developers. Fingers crossed! I’ll keep you updated if this ends up on the immediate roadmap. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

That’d be awesome.

2 Likes

Any update on this feature? I’m new to TR but immediately found this feature missing. Frustrating.

4 Likes

Its definitely on the team’s roadmap for development, apologies we don’t have an update yet!

10 Likes

+1 for apple watch support

5 Likes

+1

I’m new to the app and I love it so far. But the lack of support for the AppleWatch, that is a central piece of my training habits, after more than 2 years of request, is a huge turn off to me. I consider getting back to Zwift even though I feel the training programs are way better here.

Please, make it happen.

7 Likes