The Ironman Training 2020 Thread

That is one beautiful chart

Stick to the plan for your goal event.
You legs wont fall off because you started bike racing and youll have a blast :wink:

Are your sure you’re not just knackered?
From that chart it looks like your CTL takes a dip when ever your form rises above it; like it just has?
Seems to suggest to shed some fatigue after a hell of a year building?

2 Likes

We still have space on our group ride tomorrow (Saturday), Pettit at 1300 EST - hope to see some more of you there: RSVP - TrainerRoad

2 Likes

Does anyone use a platform with virtual video rides of Ironman courses? If so do you recommend it? I fancy adding some virtual courses to my riding as well as TR erg rides. :+1:

1 Like

Rouvy ?

Yes, it’s cool

2 Likes

1 need to source a laptop for this…

1 Like

I’ll check it out thanks :+1:

Ironman run virtual events on it, which Ive posted about here and on the IMVR thread :+1:

1 Like

And if you’re installing TR it always seems to take longer than you think it should to get itself going.

I have to bail Im afraid, a panic last minute haircut for my son as we enter full lockdown tomorrow thanks to the new variant of Covid 19.

Ah good luck and stay safe.

1 Like

I’m thinking about getting some swim cords such as the Finis Dryland Cords. Does anyone here use swim cords? Any recommendations?

1 Like

I have some, but tend not to use them as I land up getting shoulder pain pretty rapidly. At the beginning of the pandemic there was a free stretch cord program on Training Peaks along with instructional videos - you could see if that interests you.

1 Like

I have been using Rouvy as well paired with trainerroad. They run very well.

1 Like

I recommend this one. Helps with holding your hand in right place. Plus all metal parts are covered by plastic so no rusting.

I do my dry land training right before I jump into the pool. Just hook it up to the railings and do 3 sets while I get my gear out and apply shampoo to my goggles and stuff.

The yellow one is the one I have. Plenty of resistance.

1 Like

I use Rouvy. Its great

1 Like

I use Rebok cords. Had them some time. Do 2 sessions per week with them

2 Likes

Same cords. I think they are probably 15 yo or so… still rocking…

I just use them when motivation is 9 or above in a scale of 10… not too proud about it. They are a very valuable piece of gear…

1 Like

tomorrow is my first ramp test since starting the full IM Mid volume plan (and TR in general!)! I feel like I’ve gotten stronger, can’t wait to get the numbers.

thinking I may run a mirror ramp test on Zwift using my Assiomas. That should work, right?

3 Likes