Sweet Spot Base II - Low & Mid Volume Changes

With the benefit of more data and better information on which workouts have a stronger likelihood of completion and better adherence, SSB II has been re-fixed and the swapped VO2max workouts (Tuesdays in weeks 2-5) go into effect today. I feel strongly that this small set of changes will strike the proper balance between difficult and doable and keep y’all challenged, motivated, and getting faster.

There’s more info about why we’re doing this here: Our Training Plans are Improving

14 Likes

Oooh. Do we have a changelog?

ETA:

I have OG SSBII:

• Huffaker / 77 / 0.89
  • Mills / 77 / 0.88
  • Spencer (Merry Christmas!) / 78 / 0.89
  • Kaiser / 86 / 0.92
  • Pettit / 39 / 0.63

Updated is:

• Taylor -2 / 70 / 0.83
  • Bluebell / 76 / 0.87
  • Mills / 77 / 0.88
  • Spencer + 2 / 84 / 0.92
  • Pettit / 39 / 0.63
2 Likes

Thanks a ton for the post. I think these notifications are great so we can adapt our plans already applied to the calendar.

2 Likes

So I’m three weeks in to SSB MV1. Easy enough to swap MV2 starting in January… Is there an easy way to make wholesale changes mid-plan, or will I need to either leave it alone or go workout-by-workout to see if I want to make changes?

The updates are listed above, so it’s only 4 workouts that change, so if you’re already through it you might only need to change a few.

There’s no way to instantly click on a button and have it update. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks Nate! Seems easy enough.

According to my calendar there is also a couple of swaps / changes on the weekend of weeks 4 & 5.

Current

New

1 Like

I am three week into SSB1 and was able to just delete the old version of SSB2 and add the new version in less than one minute. Very nice. My congrats on an easy to use and very effective calendar and training system.

5 Likes

I’m not following what’s being said here. Can someone explain?

Sorry, I meant to reply specifically to DanielM’s post

He was just comparing the TSS/IF of workouts from the original plan vs. the new revised plan.

So Huffaker was replaced with Taylor, and on down?

I just updated my plan with all the changes. I was just curious because I just did (and failed) Huffaker this week.

In fact there was an additional iteration between old and new as discussed here:

Maybe that thread was part of chads mind change and that’s why he calls it a “re”-fix.

1 Like

Yes, that was discussed here:

Easier Vo2 they say… Shorter intervals they say… BOOOMMM Spencer +2 for a hell of good time!

Just can’t keep yourself off the extra pain button huh @chad ha ha ha

The crazy thing is, people are good at doing that workout, much better than other VO2 workouts. We believe it’s the rest between intervals. There are other VO2 workouts with shorter work periods and shorter rest that people aren’t as compliant in. Or workouts with the same work interval and just a bit less rest and the compliance falls off a cliff.

3 Likes

Are there any changes coming for high volume SS Base?

1 Like

I’m guessing if I’m not sure what TSS is that I can happily continue with the old version of SSB mid volume :slight_smile: