Sub $2k Gravel bikes

I agree Caley was lacking a bit of enthusiasm in that review but I also think part of that was, like he said, its a road bike with large tire clearance. He seemed to like the more mountain bike end of the spectrum. Where Abbey comes from a road racing background so the road geo felt more at home for her.

1 Like

I really want to get behind the aluminum Grail but those welds are the ugliest things I’ve ever seen on a bike that costs that much and I just can’t do it.

I can’t. I know it’s cosmetic, I know it doesn’t matter, I can’t.

4 Likes

Same. Thought long and hard about the Grail for a budget gravel bike but those welds…WOOF.

1 Like

But Caley did say that it was a screaming deal and a very competent bike. He just couldn’t say it with enthusiasm.

I ride a Crux which has road geometry. I love the bike. It puts a smile on my face every time I get on it. But, I’ve never ridden a modern new-fangled gravel bike with mountain bikeish geometry.

My biggest issue with the Grail AL is that it’s locked to 650b for shorter riders (I realize that’s subjective, but I’m a short guy and it pisses me off).

1 Like