Spotify interruptions

Does anyone know how to disable Spotify auto updates on their phone?
During a TR workout i lose connection with my devices due to Spotify updating a couple of tracks. It then reconnects but my power is stuck at the interval the interuption occurred.
I know this is an issue for Spotify but I can’t seem to find an easy way of contacting them.

Thanks

Chris

Hey there!
If you mean auto-updates in terms of app updates, you should be able to turn that off in the app store listing for Spotify. However, it sounds like you’re running into issues when it downloads additional music. In this case, I’d recommend either only following static playlists (or ones that only you update) so it isn’t pulling down songs as they get added to a public playlist. You can copy a public playlist or add it to your own so that it remains constant.

Also, you should be able to contact their Support team at the form on the bottom of this page:

You can turn off the auto-update of Spotify in the app store. As for the downloading issue, you can try to download Spotify tracks as local files by using an additional Spotify downloader. (e.g. AudFree, DRmare, etc.) The downloaded Spotify songs are available to play without opening the Spotify app.

1 Like

My Spotify delete all my songs including playlists everytime it auto-updates. It’s freaking annoying having to add songs everytime after updating, but then I got the TunesKit Spotify Music Converter which directly downloads songs from Spotify without Premium subscription.

That’s helpful. I found another similar tool called AudKit Spotify Music Converter. Are those tools work in the same way?

How to Turn Off Automatic App Updates on Android

1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto - update apps.
  5. To disable automatic app updates , select Do not auto - update apps.

on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store .
  2. To disable all automatic app updates, turn off the green switch next to Updates .
  3. If you want to automatically update apps, but only when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, leave updates on and turn off Use Mobile Data instead.
    As for me ,I download Spotify playlist to MP3 with the help of Tunelf Spotify Playlist Downloader then transfer Spotify Playlists to my phone.

You can also put Spotify in “offline mode”. It won’t connect to any network that way. Therefore also no music updates.

To avoid this issue, I prefer to use Spotify offline. To do that, I use the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader for Mac to download my favorite Spotify songs offline and save them to my local device. Then I can listen to Spotify music anytime and anywhere.

It should probably be noted that all of these Spotify downloader programs are almost definitely 100% illegal to use.

I suggest you turn off the auto-update of Spotify in the app store. And to void this issue, you can try to use Spotify offline. With the help of TunesKit Spotify Music Converter, I used to successfully download Spotify songs to PC. If you want to listen to Spotify offline, just move these downloaded music files directly to the device you want to use.