Show me your "Aluminati" builds!

I love my CAAD13, but some of these posts are making me really miss my CAAD7. That older frame style is still gorgeous. I still know the guy who bought it from me. Maybe I should get that back as a backup…

1 Like

I have the same bike. 2017

1 Like

perfect, thanks!

What size is it? I’m in the market.

Message sent.

One of the best paint-jobs out there throughout cycling history. I had a double-black one and it was such a good bike, the only feature that didn’t stand the test of time was tire width as I could not fit 28s on mine.

3 Likes

Looking for a 54 disk. But would have been tempted to add to my collection.

I’m needing a 54 too :joy:
Any thoughts on what I should ask for this bike?
2017 Caad12 ultegra, upgraded wheels to ksyrium elite ust, recently a gen3 stages pm but still have the other crank, specialized power pro elaston saddle. Very good condition.
Appreciate any advice, sorry to bust in to this thread but this seems like the right place to ask :wink:

interesting about your tire width experience! i have 28mm corsas on here right now, and the hed rims they’re set up on are pretty wide themselves. there’s sufficient clearance with this spec. maybe a different frame year?

Posted my Allez Sprint a while back, its now gone and replaced with a CAAD13 disc. Not sure if its nicer but I do love the ride!

15 Likes

Loving the Racing Green. Looks brilliant where the sun is catching it.

2 Likes

That’s a gorgeous color! I’d be curious how many miles you have put on it, and if you have any creaking from the BB? I have the rim-brake CAAD13, and I’ve been running into that after the first 1500 miles or so.

1 Like

It’s still very fresh, I’ve only ridden 200km or so, so no creaking yet. From what I’ve read it will be unavoidable.

lucky! i’ve been trying to buy one but all the shops are sold out :expressionless:

1 Like

What seatpost is that? It looks sweet

Built up my own bit of aluminium during lock down, replacing an old titanium build with a CAAD13, Force eTap and Stayer’s carbon hoops. Cannot get over how nicely this rides! First build I’ve done entirely on my own, here’s to hoping it doesnt fall apart…

34 Likes

Just finished building my Trek Emonda ALR climber. Custom painted by KustomFlow in the UK. Ultegra groupset, FSA finishing kit and Campag Zonda wheels with Schwalbe Pro One 25c tyres.

I could have gone full on WW but I won’t be riding this much and the budget went on the paint job (but it was worth it). Stunning ice white with pearl finish and red metallic details. Hope you all like it.

26 Likes

Van Dessel Hellafaster. I’ve wanted to upgrade for a bit to something that can at least fit 28 mm tires b/w the seatstays. The brake bridge on this size (51 cm) is too low, I only get 1 mm of clearance on a good day. Every time I think about buying a new road bike, I put new bartape on it, makes me forget for a while.

15 Likes

My bright orange Principia RS6, configured as an aeroish Crit bike.

SRAM Force 1 54t x 11-32
Reynolds Assualt with powertap hub
Zipp Sprint SL stem 130mm
Thompson Masterpiece seatpost with shim
Power Pro saddle
36cm 3T ergonova team carbon bars
Alpina wing TT aero forks

No chain at the moment, as none of the spare chains I had would fit 54x32!

Might look for a 11-25 cassette or buy a new chain…

15 Likes