SBR Rockr Plate Lite, anyone use one?

Appreciate the feedback. Parallels my feelings the the Lite is an amazing rocker for the price. Uber simple and care free in daily use. I plan to made a modded version with a slightly different curve, but it’s already darn good.

2 Likes

hey! sorry for the late reply… so i ended up temporarily removing it because it wasn’t the most stable thing.

what my next plan is i think i’m going to reach out to SBR and inquire about getting another ball. then top it with a piece of wood so i can put my riser on top.

what i did before was fill the bottom of my riser with a towel and placed the balls in it:

1 Like

Would you all suggest this rocker plate for alleviating saddle pressure?

And I can use it on thick, squishy carpet with my wahoo trainer mat?

Appreciated reading all of your reviews and want to finalize my last questions before committing!

• Improved saddle comfort is the leading reason to consider using a trainer motion solution (like a rocker plate).
  • I did a rather lengthy and boring video that showed differences in saddle pressure with rigid and varying amounts of rocking motion added. It shows measurable differences in peak saddle pressures.
  • Beyond that, the anecdotal feedback from all the Rocker Plate group members says that they very often see improvement for saddle comfort.
  • All that said, it is not a cure all and some people don’t like the feel in use.
  • The rail style rockers perform best on hard surfaces. Using then on soft carpet or mats will dampen and slow the response of the rocker. That can be good according to some riders preferences, but it slightly counters the desired freedom that is intended with the rocker.

Do most people buy a special riser for the Rockr Plate Lite? If so, which one? It seems like without a larger than normal riser you will be angled somewhat “downhill”.

You should add a riser, to get level or higher front axle (per rider preference). Unless use use a Kickr and run the lower wheel settings, you will be angled down, which is rarely a good deal. From memory, anything around 3" [75mm] or higher is all you need.

2 Likes

I did what Chad recommended above and am happy. My regular riser is now on some plywood I had in the garage.

As for comfort, it’s considerably better, but not miraculous. I could never do more than 90 mins in the past and now do 2-3 hours. I still have to stand, more frequently as the ride progresses, but it’s not torture.

1 Like