SBR Rockr Pod Lite, anyone use one?

If you want to sell the one you have, I’m looking buy (right now they are sold out of everything)

Sorry, I’m planning to test more and use it as a loaner for other riders in town. It’s set to head to another later next week.

As I continue to ride this rocker, I am more impressed. I would like a slight change in the profile to make the further lean angles have less return force, but even with that, this little rocker is crazy good.

I can’t really believe how close the seated feel is to my other rockers. I forget it’s what I am on until I stand up, and even then, it is likely what most people want from a rocker. All that with a single curve shape and no leveling springs. Just a bike, trainer and 10lbs of counterweight.

Again, crazy good, stupid simple and just plain performs.

1 Like

For those of you who have ridden rocker plates, do you reckon it’s easier on your bike frame compared to riding on a static trainer?

My Venge seatpost flexes quite a bit when riding on my Neo and i’d certainly be in the market for a SBR Rockr Plate if it was to help that.

I can’t prove it, but yes, I do think overall bike stress is decreased while using a rocker. The deflection you see while riding rigid is a sign of the loading and stress being added to the frame and related components.

I have ideas to try and measure / show the reduction in deflection at places like the BB and seat post (most visible) to try and show what I expect is happening once you add the freedom of a rocker plate.

What happens on a rocker is that you get more freedom that must be controlled by the rider input, via balance similar to outside. Doing that releases the near direct and instant loading when we pedal on a rigid setup, that is likely higher loading that we do outside.

It all depends highly on the rider, because a smooth and balanced input on rigid may not be bad. But for more spirited riding and the general asymmetry we usually have, I think a rocker will reduce loading and stress on the bike.

I got really excited when I saw this post and @mcneese.chad‘s review of the Rockr. However, it seems like they are not planning selling them any time soon. That’s the email I got from the company today: “ We do not have a current eta for the ROCKR POD lite’s return to sale.

Thanks for reaching out,

ROCKR Team“

I assume they are going to focus on the more expensive - and probably more profitable - model.

1 Like

I have not used these, but the GraviTrainer is similar to the Rockr Pod Lite.

I’d say it’s worth a look if you like this style of rocker.

1 Like

FYI, Chip Self (head of SBR Rockr) said they are doing a run of the Lite models, and should be up for ordering tomorrow from their site.

2 Likes

Their website is throwing up spoof warnings.

I get that too.

Could try calling their bike shop (related business): 636-220-7781

1 Like

they are on the site, get one while you can!

2 Likes
1 Like

Ordered

2 Likes

Sweet! Let us know how it goes when you get a ride or two on it :smiley:

2 Likes

Came here hoping someone had some things to say about the lite. Just picked one up as well, based on this thread =)

2 Likes

I bought one too, just waiting for it to arrive. Bought it last week. Said to expect two weeks for delivery, so hopefully next week.

3 Likes

So finally got word that mine has shipped. Since I’ve never used on before, does anyone know if a standard trainer wheel block thing to raise your from wheel work with this… with the sway and with the increased height

1 Like

I asked Chip this. Here’s our exchange.

1 Like

Along with the comment about a 3" riser, make sure that any riser you have and use is not too restrictive around the tire. It must allow at least 7* lean without binding the front wheel. When in doubt, I recommend a simple, flat support. I’ve always hated the cradle type risers.

1 Like

Now I just need to find a 10lb rock :grin:

2 Likes