RollFast Granfondo

This year’s ride was full gas from the start. I didn’t start that far back but by the time I got out of Coxhall Gardens the front group was 10-15 seconds up the road. Put in a big effort right off the bat to get on the rear. Then I fought for 2 1/2 hours to stay on the back. At one point about 6 of us got dropped coming out of a turn. We somewhat worked together to close the gap and then got a pull from one of the SAG trucks to get back on. Finally made my way into the middle of the bunch and got a chance to somewhat relax. Ended up getting dropped on the final turn with around 2 miles to go. At that point finishing Sub 4 was in the bag so I cruised it on in. Still ended up beating last year’s time by 2 minutes.

This year’s ride was a lot more surgy. I think with the additional cash and “World Championship” on the line there were some teams there working to get a break established and shutting it down when it didn’t suit them. It was more of a race. By far the hardest I have ever ridden my bike. Not quite the result I was hoping but given the circumstances I’m happy. Was the last one to finish Sub 4. Got my second Sub 4 buckle so I’ll take it.

1 Like

Awesome! I heard it hot and heavy right away. I had a buddy end up in 10th so he was in the thick of things for quite some time.

I am putting my plan together for next year cant wait!

Got the email the other day that the Rollfast is not longer pretty bummed!