Ride Photos / Action Shots!

Finish line pic with my girls waiting for me at the finish of an 80 mile race in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity.

17 Likes

:rofl: With buddies like you…

Well it was zoomed in video from my phone of my MacBook screen running video from my GoPro. Video is still processing so pics are low resolution. I’ll update with actual pics.

3 Likes

The Tring Bypass TT (F11/10) looked to be fast on paper; it’s a pity though I had just missed the unsigned slip to this roundabout. The oh feic face gives it away. My OT was 24:03, but even with the deceleration/acceleration from going wrong, I would have still done a 22:10 if I had stuck to the course :joy:

I’m sure it was an 11mile TT on course 10, not a 10miles TT on course F11 :joy::joy:

20210910_103329

10 Likes

15 Likes

CX State Champs

Early slip and dropped chain, came back to get 2nd Masters 2

15 Likes

A few blurry stills from some vids taken by a riding buddy this weekend. Summer is hanging on!!

10 Likes

Looking suitably ‘Pro’ in the last photo :smiley::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Until you look at the power numbers :rofl:

2 Likes

Some great shots from @KaiCaddy on Instagram of me at Gateway Cup:

Was also great to finally meet @pete even though we only got to talk for a few mins on Sunday.

21 Likes

PCP2P - Beginning a long day in the saddle in Round Valley.

15 Likes

First XCO in something like 10 years after focusing more on sustained road riding. Had almost forgot how much I suck at this. But all in great fun!

20 Likes

Fun and challenging looking trail :smiley:

Pardon the videos vs pics, but I did my first BMX race in 21 years last weekend. I got a win in a qualifying heat and then the main event. So FUN to be on a track and trying to pump, manual and jump again. :smiley:
(I’m in the red gear on the blue bike)

Qualifying Heat #1:

Main Moto:

17 Likes

WOW that looks super fun!!!

1 Like

It really is. Takes a bit to get comfortable with the pumping, but once you get it down… it is such a great feeling. These modern tracks are so darn smooth and reliable for traction, you just have to worry about your lines and movement.

1 Like

Good work fella. I love having a play on the local BMX track, although I use a jump bike rather than a BMX.

Dirt jumpers work great for fun. I raced a Specialized P3 (26" wheel DJ bike) in the Cruiser class all weekend and had a blast on it. It’s a bit slow off the gate, but you can really motor when the 26" wheels get up to speed vs the 24" cruisers.

1 Like

That looks like a perfect setup for the track.
Mine’s a 26" wheel but with gears, I think a 40t on the front with a 11-21 cassette. Lovely close ratio’s.

1 Like

XCO is so much fun, but currently I don’t have the correct fitness for that type of riding so I did some costly mistakes. Turns out having a 4 W/kg FTP doesn’t really help when the race is pretty much VO2 and anaerobic, sprinkled with (trying to) catching your breath on short technical descents…

I could easily make a +100 km course of all natural trails like this, and this is like 5 minutes away from where I live in Oslo, Norway. Only thing really missing in my backyard are long descents.

Mmmm, I should do more of this :wink:

2 Likes