Protein Shake Recommendations

Maybe work out the amount of protein you need depending on your body weight and the type of exercise you are doing; for example I train on the bike 6 hours a week plus a longer ride at the weekend, but of plyo/core work on the mat each day. I try to get 2g per kg in a day.

In terms of protein intake, I used to use cheap whey protein products. No idea if they are better or worse re strain on the kidneys that you mention but the gastric effect of multiple shakes a day is…quite something.

I’ve tried a few different vegan powders and apart from the taste, no issues, but the amount of protein per 100g is generally low which isn’t great.

I settled on Huel, the latest Black Edition is 44g per 100g, I do 30g a serving at a time. It has fibre in it, I don’t think most if any other products go for this approach and being a mix of actual food, I feel so much better on it than whey.

I think this is a good idea, but you need to find a good consultant who will choose the best option for you and the dose.