Protect laptop from sweat

How do people do it?

Recommendations for a cover for a macbook air that allows me to sweat with impunity most welcome

By not having the laptop underneath you? :thinking: :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve killed two now in about 7 years, mainly by using sweaty hands to use the mouse pad.

2 in one touch screen with just the touch screen on display.

solid advice there.

2 Likes

I think my best suggestion would be to have a better fan so you don’t sweat so much.

Sillier suggestions would be wearing a wristband, to stop arm sweat rolling down to your hands, or to remember to towel your hand before every time you touch the keyboard.

2 Likes

BT keyboard and mouse,… they will die but cheaper to replace…

4 Likes

If you need the device close, there appear to be a range of covers available:

As mentioned, I would redirect and work on improving cooling to reduce sweat. More and better fans to start. Then consider gloves or wristbands to limit sweat on the hands, and a headband or hat if you were dripping from your head.

Unless you are aiming for heat adaptation, there are likely more gains to be made from better cooling, at least most of the time.

2 Likes

Logitech has a keyboard with a touchpad built in. It’s a perfect combo for the bike trainer.

2 Likes

I place the lap top on a tall box (now table) in front of me. I need to stretch an arm out to reach it and touch wood that doesn’t seem to have caused a problem :thinking:

2 Likes

Seems like distance is probably a good option. My laptop is ~5 feet away from me when I’m on the trainer, so I’ve never had a sweat issue. I use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard if I need to interact with it while I’m riding.

3 Likes