Pro Road Racing thread 2021 (spoilers)

Smart racing from G at the Dauphine today … and great reactions from both he and Colbrelli as they crossed the line, neither sure of the result. Looking forward to seeing how strong the whole Ineos team is when they get to the mountains at the weekend.

Froome stated today in an interview at the Dauphine that he won’t be contesting the GC at the tour and that there is no way he goes from current form to contending for the win.

I have no reason to think this will actually happen, but I really want to see Nairoman return to form and show something on the final climb today

Me too :disappointed_relieved::colombia::colombia::colombia:
But, at least for betting purposes, he is a GICTA…guy I can’t trust anymore.

How about Richie Porte sprinting away from Superman Lopez?

Very intense last 5km today.

2 Likes

A couple of years ago I ended up purchasing a month long subscription to Eurosport through a VPN. The “curated” feed with announcers was good, but what blew me away was that they also streamed 5-6 “raw” streams: the breakaway moto, the maille jeune moto, etc, etc, commercial-free. So you could just jump around as you liked while streaming the commentary on a second stream. It was glorious.

Kind of drive home just how much of a victim the American consumer is.

I think that the doping positive that his team crushed in collusion with the UCI did a lot of damage, too. That was the unforgivable aspect of the LA / USPS scandal, imo.

Ok, Nairo solidified his status as a GICTA, and Superman Lopez looked good, not world beater, but I like his chances for a Podium and Movistar is looking strong.

Now onto the Tour de Suisse…Let’s see what Rigo and Chavito can do. There are some interesting stages, including a Cat 1 climb 11km TT, will be nice to see the climbers and descenders battling it out.

I’m personally very curious about Tom Dumoulins performance. He said he’s not going for GC, but will mostly try to test himself in the TTs. Very curious to see how he performs after his break. Apparently he was quite overtrained before.

Superman Lopez wins Mount Ventoux challenge (as expected, not a lot of competition tbh) :colombia: :colombia: :colombia:

Amazing time, considering the headwinds!!. Pantani’s time should have a couple of asterisks

How many asterisks for Lance?

1 Like

Not many names there that wouldn’t need some sort of asterisk :rofl:

2 Likes

Here’s a better table

1 Like

Oh? I’m pretty sure Pantani’s time has plenty of asterisks….

Looks like who is who confirmed dopers (or unclear TUE) list to me :smiley:. Were today’s conditions really good or just superman things happened?

Offtopic but women’s 10k track WR got broken twice in two days to 29:06 and 29:01, it seems that on olympic year all athletes are in shape.

2 Likes

The reports I read said: unfavorable headwinds.

Agreed except for Moncoutie, that dude was a ‘victim’ of the doping era

2 Likes

Bennet injured and Cav filling in at the last race before the tour de France… could we see Cav at the tour after all :eyes:

Anyone watching Tour de Suisse? MVdP making everyone else look off form.

There’s a decent set of sprinters in that race as well. Should at least give a better indication than his wins in Turkey as to whether he’s back to the kind of form needed to be competitive at Grand Tour level.