Pro Road Racing thread 2021 (spoilers)

I think MVDP was able to put up those numbers because he has had access to the Adaptive Training closed beta. :joy:

1 Like

And WVA also won by sprint. MVDP didn’t even get a chance to part in bunch sprint. Good day for TJV, winning both PN(Roglic) and TA(WVA).

1 Like

Sounds like he opted not, choosing to try and set up his teammate for the win.

Thanks for correction, I was kinda obsessed to the rivalry of MVDP and WVA :sweat_smile: . There was Tim Merlier of the Alpecin-Fenix in Top10.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought for sure he would have a go when JV started lining uo Wout for the win…didn’t realize until after the race he choose the team role today.

You think Alaphilippe is ever going to learn not to post up before he crosses the line? Damn near cost him the win again today…MVP was moving like a damn freight train. Too bad he left himself poorly positioned leading up to the final kick.

Damn good stage today…T-A makes Paris-Nice a complete snoozefest by comparison.

5 Likes

LOL I believe Roglic was literally yawning during the stage.

2 Likes

Yep agree PN was a bore today apart from the impromptu Belgian chain-gang that went off the front for a few KM’s - look forward to hearing how that came about over the next couple of days.

Great win for Alaphillipe. He looked proper pleased with himself for bearing MvdP as he crossed the line :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That was one exciting stage. Alaphilip showing he still deserves his stripes

1 Like

Roglic, my hero. Good feeling in the legs so why not just destroy everyone.

Nugget of commentary today: All 8 races in which Alaphililip, van Aert and van der Poel took part together, one of the three won. Freaking bonkers

1 Like

How do you train that

Sagan please come back

Not likely…at least not anytime soon.

1 Like

Damn. Not a good day for Jumbo Visma. Did they just loose two GCs in one day?

pretty sure tirreno adratico had already been lost to pogacar yesterday

Brutal day at P-N…the last day is often hectic and down-to-the-wire, but unfortunate that crashes okayed the role they did.

Fair play to Rog for giving it everything he had…so damn close at one point. Was almost to the Shimano car…and then you just saw the gap start to grow. Painful.

Good for Rog for immediately coming up to Schachman and congratulating him, as well.

3 Likes

Final day excitement

He’s a real good dude. I can’t stand the nonsense about him being unsportsmanlike after his win the other day.

7 Likes

And he apparently attempted to make up the gap to Schachmann despite having dislocated his shoulder in the first crash :scream:

3 Likes