Pro/Elite training

I actually plan on doing that test after my last A race when I should be in top shape! Super curious just to see what I get.

2 Likes

This almost looks like the 4ADP or whatever Sufferfest had. It’s a power curve filler upper?

That’s their assessment protocol for prospective riders, specifically amateurs without significant race records. Several world tour teams use the CP model. I wouldn’t call it a curve filler.

1 Like

Definately interesting! This seems pretty well-rounded but also fairly easily repeatable. I’d love to know how Bora’s pros perform on this.

1 Like

The part I like the most is the 8min @ FTP by feeling coupled with the 10min max power.

I don’t have the link to it, but Pinkbike put up an article on Vlad Dasculu’s ride for the Albsadt WC. Some of the numbers are insane. In particular, his normalized power was 409w and he hit 1300w of the start line. In fact he did three 1000w+ efforts in the first minute of the race. Blows my mind.

Kwiatkowski, since May 9th on Mt Teide. As with the triathletes, a fairly long time with endurance only to get used to the altitude (my guess). Slowly introducing “stuff”, step by step. Still surprised that he shares his power data.

1 Like

What difference does it make to him?

and slowly pushing power up from around 220 to 270.

In contrast to all the other teams Sky/Ineos have always been more secretive with their power data. That’s why I’m surprised. I think he’s currently the only rider from Ineos showing the data. Bernal used to show (some of) his data in the past. However, not for all periods. Richie Porte used to show his data but stopped doing it when transferring to Ineos. If I remember correctly. That’s why I’m wondering if there isn’t a team order not to show the data. I’ve heard several times that not everyone is happy with showing all of the data.

2 Likes

MK’s last week on Mt Teide

2 Likes

A mix of intensities and interval types

Seems like over unders are the bread and butter, at least at this stage of training

and carries on …
grafik

1 Like

Has anyone created this (or going to) as a Workout on TR?

Not possible. You need to do 8min by feeling

True. But I only use resistance mode so it’s all (possible to ride) by feel.

I see what you’re saying though. It’d be a matter of knowing when to cover the Power number.

Ganna, Brandon Rivera, Jhonathan Narvaez also show power.

Poor McNulty keeps doing those 3 hours @tempo/Sweetspot sessions… someone should tell him pros go eaazzzyyyy :dizzy_face: :sleepy:

snark aside, what is interesting is that not all pros do long tempo, sweetspot. It would be cool to know how they profile riders in the WT.