Power Meter Advice

Updating Garmin Vector 3 to 3.5 was a nightmare. Just getting the Vector 3 to connect to the app is a feat all in it’s self. The batteries that came with the Garmin worked with no issues for months. Replaced the batteries, started to get drop out. Replaced again, worked and then drop outs. As per Garmin website, you should use baby oil or mineral oil on the contacts for the fretting issue. I did not. I pulled the batteries, added mineral oil lightly, no drop outs on the first ride. I’ve got a case with Garmin and hoping to have the next couple months of use with no issues.

I was talking to Customer Service the other day, and they did confirm to me they were finalizing items for a Black Friday sale

1 Like

Given all the issues reported with the Garmin pedals I’m surprised more people aren’t going for the Favero Assiomas. Better battery life, lighter, and far more reliable. Mine have been 100% trouble free and the life between charges is incredible.

1 Like

Thought about pedals, I’ve got left side Stages gen2 and will likely pick up the right side gen3 Stages Ultegra 8000 and upgrade true left/right power.

Did you get any specifics? All I got was yes, but wait and see.

Talked to a Power2Max customer service rep yesterday to find about which particular model I needed.

Asked about the Black Friday sale, looks like free chainrings or discount on electronics (he said in a later email that lights were included in discount) with the purchase of a power meter - was hoping for an actual discount on the power meters…
“We are going to have a black Friday sale. The sale will include a set of PRAXIS works chain rings for free with the purchase of a power meter or a discount off of a cycling computer with the purchase of a power meter.”

Dang. I think that was the same Black Friday sale they ran last year, so it’s not surprising. They’re already basically the lowest priced option for dual-sided power in the market, so I understand why they don’t feel the need to offer any discounts. I’m probably still pulling the trigger.

1 Like

Hi!
I am looking at Garmin Vector versus Favero Assioma.
One concern is I use a spacer on my left pedal to improve my knee alignment( ( 1cm metal around pedal axis that put pedal 1cm further out from midline relative to right),
Would this be compatible with both Garmin and Assioma?
thanks
Jason