Podcast guests - who would you like?

With his Everest record, GBduro win and other endurance feats I would love to hear from Lachlan Morton.

4 Likes

How about Brendan Housler? I know that he is active on the TR forum and would definitely be a podcast I would listen to

5 Likes

Tinker Jaurez. He’s been racing at the top level in mtb endurance world for longer than many users here have been alive.

5 Likes

Him and Ned Overend are top of the heap on longevity and outright amazing fitness and skills.

4 Likes

Yes, Ned would be great too! I “raced” Tinker at the Hampshire 100 a few years ago. And by raced, I mean watched him ride away from me from the start line :rofl: I think he abandoned that race (2014) & I was the last racer on course. Just beat the cutoff but I finished!

1 Like

Tinker and Ned would be great on the podcast for those TR users who are looking for some “older” age-group relatability and insights.

3 Likes

Floyd Landis

1 Like

With the lockdown podcasts proving remote chatting works I hope to see a nice range of guests. Maybe some international speakers.

1 Like

Second that

Eamon Lucas - Kermesse racing and non-pro racing in europe. What it takes, how to do it, how is it different from racing in the US.

1 Like

Ayesha Rosena Anna Mcgowan

2 Likes

Second on the Ayesha McGowan. Also? Fill-in-the-blank person who is super knowledgeable about mental training and sports psych, esp. in relation to cycling. Because damn
I’ve never encountered a more psychologically challenging sport than cycling. (PS - WHY is it like that? I’m not even talking about racing
just a local group ride can be an exercise in “thrill of victory/agony of defeat.”)

2 Likes

I would definitely listen. He’s probably got an interesting story. Starting late (26ish I think I read on his blog), coming out, winning master nats, starting a coaching business, etc. He seems like someone who really likes to ride cause he genuinely loves it and loves to push himself in training. And he also wants everyone to be a better cyclist and train better or else he wouldn’t put out such involved (and free) blog posts and offer up free advice on a forum like this. Though I guess you could argue that it then drives traffic and business to his coaching but it seems extremely genuine to me.

@brendanhousler

3 Likes

Jem Arnold - http://sparecycles.blog/

would love a deep dive on Vo2 max, and training that system

I would be disappointed with the podcast if they gave a doper the platform to boost his profile within cycling. he deserves to make no more money directly resulting from a professional career made with PEDs

4 Likes

Iñigo San Millån - former professional cyclist, now professor at U of Colorado, where he focuses on studying mitochondria of elite endurance athletes.

6 Likes

Just found out Dr Louise Burke is on a podcast on nutrition for cyclists! She’s well experienced at working with Olympic level athletes.

Clara Hughes

Summer & Winter Olympic medalist.
Mental Health advocate
18-time Canadian national cycling champion
Etc, etc

Bit of a Canadian hero eh

Her Wikipedia page is rather impressive to say the least.

thanks for the rec dude!! Much appreciated!

2 Likes

thanks man! You nailed it. Cycling 100% changed the trajectory of my life. Was in a pretty dark spiral at age 26 when I got into the sport. My mtb was stolen, and a friend said, “you suck off road (no offense) but are always hammering between parks; get a road bike!”

Had some mentors in our local club and they pushed me to get better. Mid-training race, a guy says: “you need to be in that break, GO” and I said, “Now?” and he said “NOW!”, and I bridged up

I won the A race and it felt amazing. I couldn’t believe it. I was celebrating a training race in my head like it was a massive deal because to me, IT WAS!

So many people put a hand out to help me, and I want to share this passion and help anyone that I can.

And you’re correct, I have a coaching business, but I truly enjoy sharing content that can help someone that can’t afford to spend a ton each season to have someone go through the journey with them. If everything had to be paid for, I would never have learned so much! So I feel it’s important to put out videos and blogs and talk about the things that most don’t.

Have an awesome day! Thanks for the upvote!

TR Community is the best out there.

10 Likes