I don’t think they need to build a master’s plan, so much as a much smarter Plan Builder:
- Asks you when your goal events / time-off are
- Asks you which days during the week, and for how long, you can train - you should be able to select time by day. So you could say 1 hr on Tuesday, 1:15 on Thursday, “unlimited” on Saturday for example
- Some questions about your training history
- Work to recovery ratio. E.g., 2 weeks active, 1 week recovery; 3 weeks active, 1 week recovery; etc.
- Plus ideally I could select “flavor”: more like traditional base, with Polarized for build, etc.
- Cycling only, or Tri
Boom: custom plan gets spit out. With AT, these aren’t specific workouts, but workout “types” (e.g., VO2 max with short intervals) with specifics on PL (e.g., Achievable, productive, etc.). And only the day / day ahead is the generic workout replaced with a specific workout.
Something like this would obviate the need for high / low / mid / High+ / masters / etc.