Pete @ Tulsa Tuff

Yeah, How did Pete do in the race?

1 Like

ā€œItā€™s harassmentā€¦can you imagine the backlash if that same caption was from the womenā€™s raceā€ is a rhetorical question intended to communicate either

• there should be more backlash, because describing a man this way is the same as describing a woman this way, or
  • there should not be backlash if a woman were described this way, because describing a woman this way is the same as describing a man this way.

Neither of those is right, because in the context of Western society and culture, describing a man that way is qualitatively different from describing a woman that way. Thatā€™s the false equivalence. Swapping the gender changes the contextual interaction, and changes the harm caused.

Thatā€™s a great (and orthogonal) point, and itā€™s another reason swapping the gender of the person in the photo to demonstrate why the description is not ok doesnā€™t work.

Sure.

I have faith in you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I donā€™t see his name in the Pro/Cat 1 Men results, so Iā€™m clearly doing something wrong, but according to the official website itā€™d be here: http://results.racedayeventsoftware.com/

[e] (Thereā€™s Paul Morris in the start sheet, did they get his name wrong? Or does he have a brother? Somebody make it make sense please :rofl:)

4 Likes

As weā€™re massively diluting the thread, lets continue this via PM?

Another interesting term one can Google is ā€œsealioningā€.

5 Likes

Yeah I ignored that bit :wink:

Thanks though :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is hard to see his number on the picture but it could be 140. That is also the number of Paul Morris in the start list. :thinking:

Paul Morris of Clif Bar Racing no less. Sounds right. DNF though :thinking:

1 Like

Assuming Team CLIF Barā€™s FB page is up to date there is not a Paul Morris on the team. Itā€™s definitely a typo and its actually Pete.

1 Like

But to make things more complicatedā€¦ here is the road results page for Pete Morris:

And here for Paul Morris:

Pete hasnā€™t raced since 2012 but Paul has ~150 races since then. Maybe Peteā€™s legal name is actually Paul?

2 Likes

Changing directions on a thread is cool.
Learning from each other is super cool.
Being excellent to each other and attacking the idea, not person, while doing so is EXTRA cool.

Thanks for keeping this constructive debate kind. Yaā€™all rule. :v:

17 Likes

I do hope there are some internal-to-TR-only print outs taped to Peteā€™s desk and chair to welcome His Deliciousness when he returns home. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I noticed during the commentary on Sunday Frankie Andreu called Pete Paul. He seemed a little confused a lot of the time during commentary so I just put it down to a mistake, perhaps I did Frankie a disservice in this instance.