Outside planned workout won’t sync to Wahoo Bolt

Last workouts that synced easily to the Elemnt app were around the first week in May. After that when I try to sync the app just spins. Wahoo support said it’s a known issue they’re working on. Is this affecting everyone or just a few ppl? I can actually get a workout in the actual bolt sometimes but is super inconsistent. This is really making following my training plan a bit of a pain. Anyone have the issue and figure out or a workaround or fix?

Hi Dennis,

Having the same issue with my Roam. There is another thread with similar sentiments:
(Outside planned workout won’t sync to Wahoo Bolt - #27 by Power13)

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, as well as de-authorising and re-authorising with no luck as of today.

Curiously when I turn on my Roam, after the loading screen it immediately brings up today’s scheduled ride from TR. But if I go into Planned Workouts and select Schedule, there’s nothing there… anyway you’re not the only one!

3 Likes

Glad to know I’m not the only one. I searched first but unsure why I didn’t find that thread. Hm…

I wish I was having better luck getting the workouts to start on the Bolt. I don’t really care if they aren’t in the companion app but for me, they only appear on the Bolt right when I turn it on. But it’s unreliable. Sometimes I turn it on and they aren’t there. Sometimes I try a couple times and have to give up and just go ride.

I have the same issue with the app. However by going into the “planned workouts” menu in the Bolt and syncing manually using Wi-Fi it always works. If you just turn on without syncing it’s very difficult to get the workout because it has to sync automatically.

3 Likes

Ahhhhhhh!! I thought I knew my Bolt pretty well but I didn’t know I could do that. I was dissuaded from looking more because since the planned workout page doesn’t show up until a workout is selected, I didn’t realize I could actually go in and selected one without the app.

So if anyone else has overlooked the option like me… it’s on the settings page (when you single click the power button).

Thanks for the info, hopefully that makes it a little less annoying till they fix the app.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I’ll be following this thread.
At least the workouts are in the Bolt.

This is what I always do. I actually don’t understand how other people are doing it that is causing the problem. :joy:

In the Element App, there is a planned workouts button that shows you an overview of what is next. You can sync, select the workout, and choose go. They stopped syncing earlier this month though.

I am having the same problem. Before now I had no problem syncing workouts to the app, but as of this morning they are not pushing to the app. I was able to get it to sync to the wahoo device but only after I got back from the ride and on wifi. I went on the TR calendar and set the next 3 workouts to outdoors but they wont sync to the app. Annoying!

Why not just sync them to the head unit?

Because its unreliable. I don’t even know how today’s workout finally got to the Wahoo device. It just showed up after I got back from my ride and disappeared from my calendar. I havent been able to replicate it and get any other workouts to load on the Wahoo device yet. Also, if/when it does sync directly the head unit its only a work around. TR’s instructions are to sync them through the app.

Scratch that. I just figured how to tell the wahoo to sync the workouts directly and Ill continue to use that until the app works again.

1 Like

Awesome! Glad it works.

I have been synching the head unit via wifi and then it shows up on my head unit. I still do not see my TR workouts in the ‘planned workouts’ workout section on the element app.

Spoke too soon - now the TR planned workouts are not showing up on the head unit.

For the latest troubleshooting steps, I highly recommend reaching out to our Support Team at support@trainerroad.com. They will have all the latest updates form Wahoo, and can help you resolve the issues you are experiencing on a personalized basis :+1:.

Same boat here. Workouts not showing up on head unit now when they were before. App hasn’t show them for a while

I just got an update to firmware wr18-7705 and companion app that says it addresses 3rd party workout syncing. I did the update and Trainerroad workout synced immediately to the companion app and head unit.
Hopefully this will fix it for everyone.

5 Likes

I just updated firmware and outside workout is there. Now if will also fix livetracking, I will be a happy Wahooligan again!

1 Like

Can see them now!