Recommended 24 hours prior to your event, to prepare physiologically (body) as well as psychologically (mind).
(aka Opener, Primer)
- Use to precede any Endurance events.
- Use to precede any High Intensity events.
- Laurel = 30 minutes, 0.78 Intensity
- Use to precede Shorter, Higher-Intensity Endurance events.
Nate’s pick: “It’s probably too much but I’ve been doing Sleeping Beauty before my C races.”
- Sleeping Beauty = 60 minutes, 0.77 Intensity
Coach Jonathan’s pick: “I usually extend the warm-up by about 10-15 minutes, and then proceed with caution, making sure I am not overdoing it. It’s a great simulation of race efforts!”
- Basin -5 = 30 minutes, 0.92 Intensity, (plus 10-15 minutes additional warm-up),
- Use to precede ???
See the following thread for Warmups (Warm-Ups) for the actual race day: