Official World Wide Disaster 2020 Thread!

I think that invite link is expired. Can you generate a new one?

I wasn’t able to join disaster last year as it would have been right after a week of riding at Tenerife and I was completely cooked. No such problems this year and I just got my trainer set up nicely at a new apartment. So maybe this is the year…

1 Like

Told you I’d screw it up :P. I always forget they are set to expire by default. Hopefully got it right now.

1 Like

Today was the day for me. Disaster -2, and my longest trainer ride to date. I knew going in to this one I was going to cap the second 10 min threshold interval otherwise I would fall apart early on, otherwise everything else seemed mostly doable. I barely got through that second threshold interval and the last 30 seconds of the third vo2 interval was murder. Happy to be done with this one and ready to take it easy the rest of the day!

10 Likes

Discord is still active as ever and we have a good group going. As to how to share the channel name…no idea. Will find out how and share the link!

Edit: never mind! Chad has linked it above!

2 Likes

Awesome job! I think you win the prize for first Disaster Week ride done! :clap::clap::clap:

Disaster done.

Was a lot tougher than last year, as my FTP is about 15W higher than a year ago. I had to take breaks even on the VO2 efforts, and I decided to skip most of the sprints of the fireworks.

Even though I had to take those breaks, I’m pleased how this went. There has been quite big changes compared to last year (relatively big bump on FTP, new trainer (last year KICKR Snap and now KICKR, which makes it tougher) and so on).

But I’m also glad it’s done for this year now. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

:fist: Nice job!

Almost forgot about this one… let’s see if I can squeeze it in this week.

2 Likes

@zwillis1 and @mcneese.chad managed to get the go ahead from partner to train on Saturday morning. Planned to do this last year but go injured. Back in sweet spot and half way through the second part. Darwin is on the cards but will swap this out for Disaster -2.
Problem here is to get help with riding such a task.
Living here in Hamburg, Germany. Looking to start at 0630 CET (central european time). Need to do this before family starts.
Anyone out there interested in doing a group ride with me on this? Never done a group ride before and would like the company…if I manage to put this together.

1 Like

great to see the post. Super work and gives me encouragement to do mine

Setup the workout on your calendar, at the time you want, as a Group Workout. Then you can share the link here in hopes of one or more others joining at your time slot.

1 Like

Good. code is mjdhre
Starting at 0630 central european time. This could be a lonely session :slight_smile:
Need to figure out how to promote this. Facebook might be the one.

3 Likes

Gonna do Saturday morning ride probably 8:30 UK time, happy to set up as a group activity if there is interest?

1 Like

I’m out, at least for this weekend, as I’m out. Weather window, km restrictions lifted, I’ll be heading out on a club spin while I get the chance!

I’ll pencil it in for later in the month.

3 Likes

We’re famous, y’all!

10 Likes

Podcast call up :yum:, I’ve form predicting such things :grin:

1 Like

I’m a prime candidate for the Average Athlete Podcast…they’re doing that now, right?

3 Likes

I’ve been sick the past few days. This doesn’t sound like the best recover ride :grinning:. I will keep it on my bucket list. Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

I’ve never experienced the group workout function but willing to try.

-2 version @ 5am PST. Any interest?

If not, will go for sweet spot near the same tss

Decided to do it today instead of tomorrow. I found the 10 minutes above and below Threshold the hardest although the fireworks were also a challenge:

Good luck to all who attempt it tomorrow.

26 Likes