New Wahoo ROLLR Trainer spotted at ITT Worlds

Yeah, an open rear roller would not be a great combo with the current version of the Climb. It would not offer the lateral / rocking stability, and it would be far too easy to roll forward or backward off the rollers. I just don’t see any Climb-like device unless it is VERY different from the current model.

2 Likes

Pretty funny to me that Wahoo skipped debuting this at EuroBike, and is playing the “secret / public release” by having this in clear open sight.

Oh… right otherwise the roller would not hold its place…
Maybe they will somehow attach to the climb?
Idk…
Seem like the climb (maybe modded with added steering) with something to attach the rollers to it can be a solution…
but, this is way to niche (and probably prohibitly expensive) for me.

Maybe the name “mini kicker” isn’t so apt any more… that thing looks pretty bulky.

Yeah, I don’t think “mini” is right in general or the official name.

I am trying to read the blue text on the uprights, but it is not clear enough to get anything useful.

Hah…was thinking I should change the thread title. Now updated. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

There are plenty of shots in the U23 men’s ITT coverage. They certainly aren’t small and look like a finished product, none of the normal hidden branding or covered stickers etc etc

They look perfect for lots of riders warming up; but I don’t see the appeal beyond that. Unless of course you like riding a disc wheel on the trainer :rofl:

2 Likes

You can see that it has a name with the usual whaoo branding near the bottom. It’s just too blurry to read.

Right, the “Kickr” in white followed by the blue “name” is visible on the first show near the flywheel, and in the larger shot on the upright. It’s just not a clear shot from the vid. Need a higher res video or a pure pic to see better. Hoping something better gets posted.

“ROLLR”

9 Likes

HA, good grab. I almost posted “ROLLR” as a joke :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Th nm mks sns :joy:

1 Like

Thread title updated…AGAIN! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Hoping wahoo makes sure to have good (inside and outside) corrosion protection on the connecting tube, as metal in that area on fitness equipment gets wrecked from sweat and water drips.

Hoping there are gradation marks on it as well so it can be reset to length easily after storage, bike changes.

A little integrated folding table attachment would be nice too if layout permits and it’s not too shaky.

I wonder if it is designed to easily fold flat for under bed or against wall storage?

2 Likes

Not sure where pricing will land or where wahoo intends to position it in the market but if the design/capabilities are what I’m thinking, I can see this as being an ideal unit for a first time smart trainer buyer/newer cyclist.

2 Likes

Yeah, advantages like not having drivetrain differences (9-12s, not to mention different ratio options between bikes). Simple on/off with no tools or special skewer like you need for wheel-on trainers. Some decent reasons to consider if you want the same bike on/off the trainer, or are swapping bikes between a single unit frequently, especially if their mounting is different (all the axle standards and such).

4 Likes

I could see where this would be ideal for a training center…as chad notes, no screwing around with different gear options, through axle or QR, etc.

But I think most training centers are struggling right now (or dying) so I don’t think they are gonna want to drop huge $$ to outfit their centers.

2 Likes

I’d assume this a smart roller type trainer? That is, with smart-controllable resistance?

1 Like

Yup, the first pic shows a flywheel setup like the Snap. I am guessing it’s belt driven off the rear roller, so a “smart roller” that doesn’t require “roller skills” for balance and steering.

3 Likes

The best question is which tyres and what pressure should you run. Tubeless for sure, maybe even a cotton race tyre. :rofl::rofl::rofl: