New Trek Madone (2023)

I wonder if its any narrower where the frame and seatpost meet. I test road a Madone and it felt great but the frame rubbed against the inside of my legs which didn’t feel so good

2 Likes

I know a comment above says it looks slimmer than its predecessor, but the CT article really highlights how thicc it is compared to offerings from other brands.

Depends on what you compare it to.
I find it looks slimmer than the outgoing Madone, the Canyon CFR, System Six etc.
It however looks beefier than something like a Tarmac SL7

I find nothing beefy about the sl7

Right, that’s his point… new Madone is more bulky compared to the Tarmac which is more svelt.

@ABG There’s not enough “beefy” references on the TR forum, I appreciate you working it in :wink:.

3 Likes

Looks like we have a pending release date for the bike now.

2 Likes

First post I found today. Will add more soon.

1 Like

The matte silver one looks stunning!

1 Like

I‘m sorry in advance. Please don’t ban me for posting this:

Just found it hilarious :joy:

10 Likes

$8000 for the 105 (granted Di2) is… a lot.

3 Likes

With this being said I still want this to be my next bike. Probably when I am ready I just get the Ultegra spec for $9000. Either Deep Smoke or Viper Red. It is a good looking bike.

It might be fast, light and comfortable but it sure isn’t beautiful :face_vomiting: I always said I’d buy myself a Madone if I ever broke the 300W mark but this bike just doesn’t want me to make that happen

1 Like

The CT article said the existing madone will continue at lower price points, IIRC.

Somewhat a cold comfort considering the new Madone debut at higher prices.

I’m still a long way away from 300 though, hopefully trek will have recanted on this monstrosity and actually make a beautiful bike again

I like the frame. In my it head combines the look of the previous Madone and the Canyon Aeroad which were my two favorite frames. But this will always be subjective.

1 Like

For those who don’t get the reference, you’re better off not knowing. :joy:

3 Likes

certainly don’t go googling goatse :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Mad one