New Saris H4 Trainer (Hammer 4)

https://saris.com/products/h4-direct-drive-smart-trainer

Interesting tidbit from Ray’s video: New Saris trainer announced today as well???

I will update this topic as soon as I get more info.

2 Likes

…Saris trainer details should be up soonish. Some flight delays have crimped my timing/style slightly. Here’s to hoping WiFi over Iceland is good!

16 Likes

Is there something beyond “first world problems”?

5 Likes

hope the recent H3 firesale buyers don’t get massive FOMO lol

5 Likes

Indeed. Will likely depend on the new feature set (multiple BLE seems one per Ray’s mention) and of course… the new price is huge in light of the Zwift Hub trainer along with the prior Saris gear.

Z may well be blowing up the pending release from Saris and what I saw in hints of the Kickr V6 that slipped out last week. Price pressure is a real deal with this new Z option.

4 Likes

Plane is currently over a town in Iceland I very much can’t easily re-type, WiFi back and functional. I’m just waiting on one final tech confirmation detail from Saris before hitting publish.

13 Likes

For the most part the H3 is still a very good trainer for 350 ish dollars… still cheaper than zwift.
I am not in the market for a trainer, but I would probably still buy an Saris on sale.

1 Like

Sure, but as of now, that sub-$400 price seems to be fire sale level pricing. Until we see whatever is pending here for a new trainer (and any downstream impact on any other trainers they offer), it’s hard to know what the longer term pricing comparison between Saris and all others will be.

At that sale price, I think the H3 is a fine option and nearly pulled the trigger myself. But I am holding out a bit to see the greater landscape we get this season. My preference for the E-Flex leans me hard towards a Kickr or Core. But I can also see that it wouldn’t be too hard to matchup the E-Flex to the Core mounting style, so that the Hub/Volt is in the running for me with that detail.

1 Like

Did I miss something here on the Saris H3, the best I have seen is about $599. Where are folks finding it for sub-$500?

Also, eagerly awaiting any new announcements before pulling the trigger.

Shared in the Deals topic, and apparently still active via my test moments ago:

• Saris ran a special code over the holiday weekend. I just checked after adding one to my cart from the official Saris site ($640 starting price), added “CSDEALDD-40” as the code, and it shows me a final price (shipped) at $384 USD.

Thanks and sorry, didn’t realize there was a deals topic (just linked here when searching on the Saris announcement), I just created an account to reply to find out about the pricing. It seems the deal is still available. I hope they make the announcement sooner rather than later so I can still get the deal if the new announcement isn’t a big deal. I already have a Wahoo Kickr and this would be for my wife, so < $400 is a steal.

I’m in the same situation, but I went ahead and jumped on the H3 for my wife. It will replace the wheel-on trainer she currently rides and I didn’t want to miss out.

1 Like

Same thing I was thinking

I couldn’t pass up the $384 price.

@dcrainmaker just added a first post to his blog.

1 Like

I still feel pretty good about my fire sale H3. Seems like a lot of the updates are about filling out the sales comparison grid.

3 Likes

Same… The H3 will meet all my requirements.

2 Likes

100%. I pulled the trigger on mine this morning as a ‘spare’, and then saw the ‘new saris coming’. I don’t even think this will affect the resale of an H3 all that much. Honestly the new zwift trainer at $500 is likely to do the most regarding trainer resale values if it ends up being good.

As you should, IMO. True 12-speed compatibility is nice, as is the pending Auto-Calibration (assuming it works well). The increased accuracy and higher grade/resistance are likely not really worthwhile.

Worse yet, they have stuck with the case design that has clear issues with some fixed thru axle handles. Sure, you can get around this with a purchase of an axle with a moving handle or one that is tool-only, but it’s an extra step that should not be necessary.

Notably absent from the DCR article is the lack of mention about multiple BLE channels. That seemed to be the whole reason for the mention in the Zwift Hub video, so it’s odd to me that it’s not listed. Please correct me if I have missed it, as that is a potential + in the column that makes it functionally superior to the hold H3.

1 Like

He mentions it in the first paragraph of the “wrap-up” section:

That pricing gap is fair, since new trainers from those other companies have added features non-performance features like multi-channel Bluetooth Smart (Elite/Wahoo), rocking feet (Elite/Tacx/Wahoo), or integration with riser systems (Elite/Wahoo). Plus a smattering of other features.

To me, that reads that it does not have the multi-Bluetooth capability.

2 Likes