New Feature - TrainNow

Let me try to explain how this is currently working!

1. TrainNow references your Progression Levels (even if you’re not on the AT beta and can’t see them yet) in the relevant training zones. That’s the only thing it’s looking at, as we’ve mentioned previously. So its singular goal is to recommend suitable workouts for your current abilities in those particular zones.

2. Progression Levels are currently affected by ALL completed TrainerRoad indoor rides, planned or unplanned.

3. Progression Levels are currently affected by planned TR Outside Workouts pushed to Garmin head units before your ride. Currently, outside workouts retroactively associated with a TR workout after the fact are not affecting Progression Levels in the same way, but if the workout was pushed to your head unit before you did it, it should count.
    (Example of when it wouldn’t count: I do a self-guided VO2 max workout outside that is loosely based around Broken Finger. After the ride, I manually associate the workout in TR with Broken Finger.)

4. Progression Levels (and by extension, TrainNow) are not currently affected by any Outside Workouts done on Wahoo head units, but this is a known issue being addressed by our engineering team.

Eventually, we’re planning to have your Progression Levels (and thus, TrainNow) be affected by ALL rides, whether or not they’re unstructured or structured, indoors or out. But for the time being, the above conditions apply. I hope that clarifies for you all! Let me know if you still have questions. @oldcrank @Kris_Wyman

24 Likes