McAdie-2 Question

evening all,

i just finished McAdie-2 while following the sweetspot base mid volume plan. i only had an hour this evening so reduced the workout.

this workout is meant to be at threshold according to the TR description, but i actually increased the resistance to 102% for the full final interval. as this is over / unders, i thought this would have stressed me harder as the description states it is a threshold workout.

what are other peoples thoughts on this and has anyone experienced the same? iā€™m happy to work to it based on the TR FTP setting but found myself a little confused as i thought it would be harder.

i started this plan 2nd July, so just under a month in now.

any input appreciated!

Itā€™s 3x12 slightly below FTP normalized power. 12 minutes at threshold shouldnā€™t be ā€˜that badā€™. 12 minutes at barely above ftp should still be manageable.

1 Like

You did cut it short so thereā€™s that. Also, not every workout should leave you feeling completely spent. With an IF in the mid-high 80ā€™s it isnā€™t a workout ā€œto failureā€ so to speak.

1 Like

i am new to TR, iā€™m used to thinking about threshold values from racing cross - basically holding on for an hour. 12 minutes isnt bad as you say compared to an hour in a cross race.