Magene P325 CS Power Meter - Crowd Funding

The cost of PM’s have dropped somewhat over the years and you now have plenty of choice, even though there’s still some bad options out there. But why risk your money to crowd fund another is beyond me.

1 Like

I took a punt on this and my dual sided unit arrived in the UK this week. I haven’t fitted it yet (maybe a job for the weekend) but will soon find out how it stacks up and if they fixed the wonky pedal thread as promised :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Didn’t try and check the pedal thread and it didn’t feel obviously wonky.

DCR Analyzer link is here: DC Rainmaker Analyzer

TL;DR: it was consistently higher than my kickr and Powertap P1 after warming up but seemed to track well. I chucked in a couple of sprints (well, weak triathlete sprints) at the end and the Magene kinda slept through them, similar to what Shane observed. The Magene app didn’t seem to think a firmware update was in order.

I received mine and it also reads about 2-3% higher than my other power meters when it behaves. I get lots of those power “dips” when riding at Z3+ and almost none at Z1/Z2. I think it doesn’t cope well with the micro-accelerations in my pedaling style.

1 Like