Low Hanging fruit with AT and PLs

There is some super low hanging fruit that TrainerRoad can address with regard to PLs and AT without a full release of WLV2.

When you’re nailing high PLs in tempo and long interval threshold, AT shouldn’t be degrading your SS level to 1.0.

When you nail a WL 8.0+ V02 workout where ALL of the intervals are in TRs definition of anaerobic zone, your anaerobic PL shouldn’t “improve” from 1.0 to 1.1.

I ran the workout Camas (threshold 5.5) through the workout creator unaltered and it came out as V02 level 8.7…… what?? Yeah, I know, TR claims we can’t trust WC, but there IS some good V02 work in there, and you could complete it and end up with a V02 PL of 1.0.

These are just some examples of many. One of the major outcomes of these issues is that TR often substantially underestimates the weekly TSS of training plans. It could be calculating that you’ll go from 1.0 to 4.0 on your SS and anaerobic workouts when you might be needing to go from 7.0 to 9.0. That’s a huge difference in estimated TSS.

I love and am very loyal to TR, but I have to do a lot of my own tinkering with it to get it to work right for me, and I can see how new users could be very confused with the way it works.

3 Likes